Thursday, February 03, 2011

Just Kickin' It

That's me over here, Just Kickin' It! Still just settlin'! Getting used to being a Utard the rest of my life. I've been going crazy trying to keep myself busy. I still don't recognize Utah when I go outside! One day I will. I long to see some Colorado green somewhere, then wait, I realize I'm not going to find any here unless I drive 9 1/2 hours over the Wassatch (sp.?) mountains and the Rockies. It's funny I look at those mountains and I think about what's on the other side... because obviously I know and can picture the life I once lived over there so far far away. It is hard to move to a new place that is so unfamiliar. It reminds me of when I moved to Rexburg. That was rough. I didn't know a single soul, but the Spirit comforted me greatly and I knew I was in the right place and the right time. Here I am again, pretty much same situation, except I got my cute own little familia and the great comfort of knowing again, that I am indeed at the right place at the right time. I'm happy happy we are here. This is so great, this is what we wanted and prayed for and it'll take a couple years I'm sure before I can say I'm all settled and an official Utard. I've been prayerful that we will make good friends here. I went to the playgroup at the church last Thursday and I was the only one there with one of the girls in the RS presidency who hosts/organizes it. I told her how shocked I was that no one else showed up! What what?! I thought this was Utah! I asked her if it's usually like that and she said, "Yep". Again, I told her I was shocked. She said because everyone is usually new in the ward they don't want to be the new outgoing person. (Remember they put out name tags for the RS every Sunday. Crazy.) I told her I didn't mind being the new outgoing person, because I need some new friends. If I'm gonna be living here in UT for the rest of my life, I need to be making some new lifelong friends! I'm excited and eager to make new friends. I don't get it- I know there are lots of young kids in the ward, so what do the moms do? Anyways, I made a new friend and she invited us to Arctic circle this week with another friend and it was fun. I think it will have to be one of our new hang outs, because the playground is one you would find at an actual park and the best part is they give your kids the cutest complimentary cherry or chocolate (maybe butterscotch too) dipped ice cream cones. Seriously, how cool is that?! Free dipped ice cream cones and a place to play! I'm going to have to take Cache & Case at least once a week for sure and meet up with our new friends. I went to the playgroup at the church again today and it was only us and my new friend again! I'll start telling people at church that they should go since I go and then they'll want too. Ha ha. I'm serious though, I'm in primary so I'll be asking what these momma's are up too. I really am grateful though, that I can look back at certain times of my life and I can remember exactly when I needed a friend and prayed to Heavenly Father that I really needed one and He has come through for me and blessed me with at least one really good friend if not more that totally blessed my life during that time in my life I needed friends! I am thankful. I want to be a better friend too to people, because I just get so comfortable with our little family. I want to really reach out to others more, because I know I can really be the better friend that people have so often been to me. I'm excited for the summertime, because there is so much to do here in Daybreak and my new friend keeps reminding me of that!



(Cache wanted a picture with his mater monster truck. He loves those color wonders. He colors over and over and over them. Time for a new one.)

Also this week I did my own glitter toes and they look FAB! I love them! I got the stuff at Sally's and Michael's this week. Then I came home that night and got glitter all over the bathroom floor, next time I will use newspaper for sure. I went back the next day and bought some more glitter and an awesome glitter pack for like $4! I have loved glitter on my toes ever since I was a little girl and it has been FOREVER it seems like since I've gotten a good pedi. I love having cute toes that sparkle!

Random, but I'm still not wanting a baby. I keep saying I won't want one until Casen is Cache's age. I hope that is true! I knew someone needed to come to our family when Cache did and I TOTALLY knew when I was pregnant with Casen. I was making a girl quilt and I totally thought it was for the girl I was pregnant with. I tested one day and it said I wasn't. I totally didn't care, because I knew that I was. I tested two days later and it said I was. I totally knew all along, little did I know that it wasn't a girl, but my sweet sweet Casen. I just love him oodles and oodles. He's the cutest little guy. I love watching him walk around, always happy and smiling, always like he's on an errand. He has the cutest little chubby face and I just LOVE how much he says, "Mommy" all day long, even with his little whine. All day long I hear, "A naaaack. A naaaack. A naaaack." Little chubbers always thinks he needs to be eating a snack. I'm truly at the point where I don't want him to get bigger, because I want him to stay my baby. I don't want another baby. I'm sure I'll want another one some day though. Then I'll be humbled and surprised again at what a sweet and special person the little spirit that had been waiting is. Of course I won't be able to imagine our family without that little person too... until then I'll just wait for that little whisper that someone needs to come.

Curt has a presentation his team is doing. Curt's team is him and two other people. They work real closely together and work well together. They have already been recognized in such a short amount of time for doing great work and accomplishing things the Brethren have asked to get done. Next week, he has a two day presentation in Salt Lake. One is with Bishop Burton. Then with Elder Bednar, Elder Anderson and Elder Gonzales of the Seventy. Go Curt!

Great talk here.

3 comments:

Monika said...

way to be outgoing. That's a great idea to pray for good friends! Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Christina said...

I LOVE Arctic Circle- serisouly, one of my favorite fast food restaurants! Ben and I went there on our wedding day!

I have moved around A LOT in my life- most often by myself. The first few months are always hard, but I am always glad I did it after that first little time. Like you said, it takes a lot of praying to stay strong- you have a great perspective on it! It is crazy, though, I admit, that your ward is so incredibly transient. That is a challenge- for you and everyone else in the ward!

I'm sending you hugs from east of the Rockies- you can come and visit anytime!!!

Emily Widdison said...

so glad you are making friends in your new home! We don't even have a playgroup...but our last ward did and there were like 15 moms show up...it was a sweet place. I don't think neighborhoods that are more stable and older so playgroups...that is where I live now. So, I tried to do my own thing, but it only worked for a couple of weeks. People are ALWAYS more social in the summer time, you'll see.:) See you Tuesday at 7! Does your "new friend" have a name???: