Saturday, February 05, 2011

New Recipes this week. I love trying new recipes all the time. I didn't like the sandwiches though, which was a bummer. I think it was because they were doused in butter. I don't like butter and I really can't stand it since my surgery. I don't have a taste for it. Curt says I also have a picky palate. Which is true. Curt really liked them, so maybe I will make them again soon and give them another try.


Spinach Artichoke Dip- We really loved this with Scoops. I always use the neufchatel cheese (fewer calories) in place of regular cream cheese while cooking and baking.
Ham & Swiss Sliders {12 rolls}
Poppyseed Ham & Swiss Sliders {24 Rolls}


I'm loving the show, Good Things Utah, and that is where this recipe comes from.
Nicea's Favorite Fried Rice

1-2 chicken breasts or 10 Kirkland Chicken Tenders (from Costco), marinated in soy sauce and cut into pieces
4 scrambled eggs
1/2 onion, chopped 

2 carrots, thinly shaved
3/4 c. frozen peas or broccoli
*1/2 c. butter
1-2 garlic cloves, minced, or 1 tsp. garlic powder
2 c. white rice, cooked
(I just pulled the frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer, put them in a ziploc bag with soy sauce and let them marinade while they thawed out.) Cook marinated chicken in a little bit of olive oil. Add onions and saute until clear. Add carrots, frozen peas and broccoli. Cook until soft. Add cooked rice. In another pan, scramble 4 eggs and chop. Add to mixture. Melt 1/2 c. butter, add crushed garlic to butter, stir and add to rice. Mix all together well. *(Again, a little too much butter for me, but that's only because I really don't have a taste for it.)

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Don't use butter next time, use a glug of olive oil. And using day old rice is even better, it gives it the less sticky, more like fried rice texture.

Thanks for the recipe!