Curt and I are loving our little primary class. Curt is a great teacher, which isn't a surprise. Previously, he's always had callings with the scouts and teaching the deacons Sunday School. He is so great teaching kids along with getting and keeping their attention. We have a good little class of 4 year olds. I was looking at their birthdays and surprised they are all so close in age to Cache. We have 5 girls and 1 boy in our class. Today was ward conference so the Stake Primary was visiting today. I was grateful to hear their simple testimonies when they shared them with the primary children. I'm grateful to be teaching Primary with Curt. It is so fun to teach and learn in Primary. I love how simple the gospel is and being in Primary reminds us of that. It is really easy to follow Jesus and I'm reminded of how simple it can be when I watch and teach the children every week. I love hearing the kids say what they know. I know our primary callings will help strengthen our testimonies of the things we know and will help teach us the things we need to know. (I also love the random things they blurt out and the questions they ask. Today, one little girl blurted out that she has a TV in her room. She asked if our kids had a TV in their room and I said, "No". Then she said her mom has a TV in her room and looked puzzled when I told her that not all Mommies and Daddies have TVs in their rooms.)
Today was ward conference. Our Bishop said that within the past 4 1/2 years the ward has been split 7 times and in 2 stakes. (The Relief Society puts out name tags, because there are always new people coming into the ward. It is definitely not a ward that is established.) Just within the past year the ward was split and went from 647 to 293 members. The new Garden park (55+ Daybreak community) and The Crossing at Daybreak modern apartments were added to the ward in the past year. Also 310 more brand new Daybreak apartments will be added to the ward. I think it is exciting that we are living here during this exciting time that the area is developing and growing so much. We will be able to look back years from now and remember when we lived here and the area was growing rapidly. They are building the University of Utah medical center across the street from us. It is literally across the street from our garage and we can see them working on it from our bedroom windows. We can also see the new apartments being built across the street from us as well. We are sure it will house a lot of the medical interns for the new healthcare facility. It is pretty neat to live across the street from a hospital and light rail station. We can see the light rail trains outside our living room windows. We are grateful to be here during such an exciting time!
In other news, Curt got his own office this week. It's pretty big and needs some decorating. We will have more money to do that in a couple months. We paid our last full month's rent in Colorado this weekend, so we only have to pay March 1st-19th and the Colorado lease will be over and paid in full!! I'm counting down the days! We are excited to have our income freed up! We are also excited to go on a family vacation to Disneyland in April or May. Mickey is Casen's favorite and was Cache's favorite at the same age as well. I was about in tears when Cache met Mickey Mouse at 19 months. It was one of the sweetest moments. Disneyland is where dreams come true. Cache knew exactly who Mickey was and went right up to him. Cache smiled and kissed his nose. I can't wait to see Casen's reaction to Mickey Mouse. I'm sure he will be different than Cache and cry instead though. Casen is 20 months old today. He cries every Sunday after Sacrament because he knows he's going to be dropped off and left at Nursery. My heart breaks every Sunday as I walk away hearing Casen crying, "Mommy! Daddy!". Breaks our hearts. Cache never did that, but my Casen is a little more sensitive and likes to stay close to mom and dad. It is sad. :( He usually cheers up right away though and the Nursery leaders say he is so good with the other kids, but starts crying when he sees anyone at the door because he thinks it's Mommy or Daddy. Casen is just so sweet and I am always telling Curt how heartbroken I am that he will be turning two on Memorial day this year. He is my Memorial Day baby.... maybe we will be celebrating Casen's 2nd birthday in Disneyland this year?!!
Sunday, January 30, 2011
through the eyes of a child
September 9, 2008- Cache 19 months
Posted by JLynn at Sunday, January 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I want to take Clara to Disneyland so bad. But I definitely don't want to take a newborn there, so we'll just have to wait.
Sweet Thoughts Left