Monday, August 09, 2010
Noble Family Reunion Twenty Ten
We just got back this afternoon around 1:30 pm from our family reunion in Sandpoint, Idaho. Last year and this year we drove. Curt's parents live in beautiful Sandpoint, Idaho. Last year it took us about 25 hours, because we had to stop every 2 hours or so so I could nurse Casen. It was so much easier last year and this year we made the drive in 19 hours but was so much harder. We have ALL been sick with head colds/congestion/coughing the entire week of vacation! (My three boys have ALL had goopey eyes within the past 24 hours.) The last two hours getting to Sandpoint were rough. My boys were hungry and tired of being in the car, and I started to feel like a caged animal. The way home last night was good, but this morning was rough... I just tried to sleep through a lot of it, then I had to drive the last few hours because I was going nuts just sitting there! My boys were seriously complete angels. My boys travel really really really WELL for being only three and one. We just put 7,000 miles on our 'new' van in the past 2 months!!!! We've done a LOT of driving this summer! No more vacations!!! Sad, but glad we won't be spending never-ending hours in the van. It drove Curt and I batty the way home this morning and Curt got a ticket outside of Sheridan. Lame-o-Wyoming. Nothing but the plains. Wyoming must need money, because the cop has nothing better to do there than give a speeding ticket at 7:30 am. Yes, Curt was driving way too fast (I tell him that all the time.) He was driving 86mph in 75mph. 11mph over = $110 to the state of Lame -O-Wyoming. We are happy to be home, but with all the driving we've done this summer it is TRUE we live too far away from family and our loved friends. We don't want to live so far away in Colorado the rest of our lives. I got a little teary eyed yesterday saying our goodbyes.... because it breaks my heart that my little boys have to live so far far away from their grandparents and the rest of their very loving aunts, uncles, and adorable cousins. It's hard for us that we don't get to spend Memorial Day/Casen's birthday and the Fourth of July with family every year. It's too rough to drive there. We can NOT do it again! It's just too hard! I cried also before we left yesterday, because I knew how hard the drive was going to be on me! It's just too much and I can't imagine doing it with a few more kids. We just gotta move closer and hopefully it happens within the next year.... oh please oh please oh please...... We sure love our family and it was so great to spend so much time with them this year relaxing and having fun. We have lots of pictures to remember all our fun. Here's a few:
Posted by JLynn at Monday, August 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
family vacations are the best!!
UGHH- I HATE long road trips!!! Glad you are back safe, thought that speeding ticket stinks!!! I'm glad you got to see the family, though- I always get teary eyed when we leave Seattle to come back here because I am not sure when I will see them again. I HATE being away from family even more than long road trips!!!
Sweet Thoughts Left