Sunday, August 08, 2010

baby jeans



I was just looking at some pictures of my boys wearing the same pair of jeans pictured at 14 months. I have to admit it is quite fun to put Casen in all the clothes Cache wore too and then look back at pictures of Cache, and to see how very different my boys are in stature. :) Cache seemed to start wearing 18 month clothes around 14-16 months. I have just started putting Casen in the 12-18 month toddler tees Cache started wearing at 10 months. It is so fun to look back on pictures of my baby Cache and think how long ago 2 years already seems. It is crazy to me how fast my little Cache has turned into a tall boy! I can't think about these things too much or my "mama tears" start to set in. Cache still has the same cute mischievous laugh he's always had ever since he was a baby. Cache is a sweet sweet boy. He has a very tender sincere heart. I sure love my baby Cache. My baby Casen seems like he has changed lots these past two months... he's really changing from a baby to a toddler. I'm starting to realize he is my big baby in more ways than one... He is practically saying a new word everyday if not week. He says "milk" now too, and also said "Gramma" too this past week while visiting her. He says at least 10-12 words now all with such exact pronunciation. Little mitter still isn't standing on his little chubby feet yet, but boy is he chattering away! Some kids walk, this one talks. :) I love him. He is such a sweetheart. He has also cut back on his yelling and will just sign 'more', 'please', and now he even just says "mmMom. milk."! He communicates so well at 14 months. Casen has been saying "mama" since he was 8 months old and has been taking off talking ever since. I remember Cache didn't start talking till he was 16 months old! We remember he said "shoe". Some kids take off walking and some take off talking. We know my boys are slow at walking, so it is so fun to hear this little man talking so much. He is really starting to look more like a toddler to me. I really love this age. It's definitely sweet.

Wow. I'm just amazed at what completely different experiences I've had with these two boys, beginning with such very different pregnancies. I was so sick with Cache, and he kicked me all the time. I wasn't sick even a day with Casen, and I always had to press on my stomach to get any kind of movement out of him, he barely ever moved. I look back on the first year of Cache's life as such a quiet, peaceful time, it's like I forgot I had a baby because he was always so quiet. I look back on my pregnancy, delivery, recovery, with Casen and it was all so fast, pleasant, and joyful.... I think, "How did Casen get here again?!" I'm really grateful for the past three and half years with these two boys. I can't even imagine them next year at four and two. What?!!! Now that makes me feel old!!!

0 comments: