Saturday, August 14, 2010

Really?!

Well, I often don't have an opinion about much, but when I do it's pretty strong. I was disgusted today when our little family was walking to our car, and we both noticed two moms sitting on a bench with their kids and babies in strollers. Then the one mom lit up a cigarette right in front of her baby that was sitting so innocently in her stroller. Curt and I were like, "What? Did we really just see her light up her cigarette right in front of her baby's face?!". I was disgusted and even declared that mother selfish. Sorry, but I only have love for the mother for not being a better mother. For not knowing. Sad day. I felt so bad for the baby girl. It's never fair that children have to suffer because of their parents poor choices. It reminded me of when my father would smoke in the car and would refuse to roll down the windows, or for my "punishment" he would make me sit next to him at the kitchen table while he smoked his cigarettes and blew them in my face. Gross. I hate smoke. It's not fair that innocent babies and children have to endure second-hand smoke at the hands of their parents! It's just plain horrible in more ways than one.

Glad I don't have any smokers that read my blogs. LOL. :)

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

Are you sure I don't smoke? JK Smoking boggles my mind b/c it directly affects everyone around you. It seems to me that if you can't kick the habit, at least be considerate of those around you when indulging in your tobacco.

Oh, and seriously?? The cop gave Curt a ticket for going 11 over on a highway? That is totally lame.

Jennie said...

Ugh! I can't believe your dad did that to you.

Monika said...

My mission pte. and I once talked about how amazing it was that our Heavenly Father, knowing that most, ok, ALL of us are NOT perfect parents, and yet, He still sends his beloved children down here to be ours for a time...I think that's just so amazing.