Today is an important date in history.
May 25, 2004- The day I "ran into" Curt. Yep, the very day we met. I can remember a lot of little important things that I chose to do that day that led up to meeting Curt that afternoon. I didn't know right away that I was going to marry that boy someday, but I can remember the very moment I met him. I can remember what he was wearing and what he looked like. -Meagan and I walked into her friends open apartment and he was sitting right there. I was eating a churro from Taco Time and Curt stood up to shake my hand. I thought he was good looking, but I just kept eating my churro. :) He invited us to go with him and a group of friends to the movies that night, but it ended up being a double date. I got my wisdom teeth out two days later. Then two days after that he asked out me out on a date. We went with our friends and stopped at Walmart on the way out of Rexburg up to the mountains. Since I just had my wisdom teeth out and couldn't eat hot dogs and chips, Curt bought me some Yoplait yogurt. So sweet and thoughtful. I remember we spent the following Monday, Memorial Day May 31st, shopping in the mall in Idaho Falls. The rest is history!
May 25, 2009- Flash forward to Memorial Day last year. I had no clue I was going to have my second baby boy five days later and exactly TWO weeks early! Curt grilled a marinaded flank steak for us and we also ate fresh pineapple. (I tend to think, well I kinda think that fresh pineapple helps me go into labor.:) I remember I had done some grocery shopping at Super Target by myself while Curt stayed with Cache. I remember the next day I took Cache to the mall and walked a lot. I decided I had been doing a lot of walking the past few days and I knew physically I was getting really close to having my baby! I decided to take it easy and didn't do much the next three days. Except go out to dinner at Outback for ribs and grocery shopping at Costco only 24 hours before I had little Casey Ryder!!!
May 25, 2010- Exactly one year later. Curt was on his way home from work this afternoon and our '02 GMC Envoy died. Our only car that we've had for almost 6 years. Just five days before our road trip to AZ!!! We've been debating the past few months about trading it in because it has high miles. 136,000 miles. When we purchased it in October 2004, it only had 59,000 and we haven't had to put any money into it except for the cooling fan a couple months after we got it. I remember we got the part for $70 at Spalding in Spokane. It's been a great car and our only car since December 2006. All of our married life memories are with that car. It's been the only car my boys have ever known. It's been a great vehicle for our family and I will be sad to see it go. There are so many great memories with that car. Although, I would be very excited to get a new family car. We've talked about Ford Expeditions and Honda Odysseys, Toyota Tundras and Toyota Sequoias. I would LOVE for us to have another truck again! A big white one. Curt had a Ford Powerstroke F350 diesel when we were dating. It was a beast! It was so powerful and yes, I had a hard time driving fast in it. Haha. I could always hear Curt coming to pick me up. I loved that truck. I would love to have another truck. It's always a tough decision to get a new vehicle. We've always had very good cars and I'd hate to get duped with a lemon. I guess we will see what the Envoy needs in repairs tomorrow. Oh, boy. Good thing it didn't die on us out in the middle of nowhere. I am counting our blessings one by one today.
1. When the car died, Curt was on his way home from work, not on his way TO work.
2. We have a free tow with our insurance.
3. Curt had it towed to Pep boys, which is just across the street from Palomino and in walking distance.
4. Good friends and people we can ask for help, willingly help us out.
5. The car needs a new battery, but it's from Costco and still under warranty.
6. The boys and I weren't in the car who-knows-where when it died.
7. We weren't in the middle of nowhere on our road trip when it died!
Even though it's NOT really a convenient time for our only car to die on us, I'm really glad it happened before our road trip and not during it!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Posted by JLynn at Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Sweet Thoughts Left