Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend Update

Curt's mom has not apologized and has not responded to any of my texts. She continues to ignore and hide. She manipulates Curt and goes through him to attack me. I'm tired of her games and her gossiping about me to Curt's siblings. She blames, manipulates and sabotages. She's categorized me as "dangerous" , "unstable" , "needs MEDS", "violent". For no reason, except she's sick and I'm her target. She blames everyone else and says everyone else has problems, not her. That's always the story! She's unable to connect emotionally with lots of family members. She attacks and then hides from them. Her coping mechanism so she doesn't have to feel or face her feelings. She posted on Facebook how she's been hurt by evil and blindsided this week, and her knees are going to need band-aids. This is an excellent example of her trying to seem a completely different person in public and taking advantage of Facebook to do so. She didn't mention on Facebook that she attacked us and accused us of abusing our children, and said I would kill our children and Curt would go to prison, or anything about her "witnesses" she has ready to testify. Again, this is her controlling and manipulating others to feel sad for her that she's a victim. She puts US on her Blacklist and tries to get anyone and everyone who will listen on her side. That's how she copes. She hides behind Facebook and ignores her feelings and us. I have not gone and put anything on Facebook, I have not ignored her, I have not hid behind my feelings! I haven't texted or talked to anybody in the family about our situation and problems with her. I've simply expressed my feelings about actual events that have happened on my blog! That's it! Oh my, how evil and horrible I am for expressing my feelings on MY blog! It feels so good to talk about feelings. It's healthy to talk about and write feelings! I'm documenting abuse! It's the right thing to do!

I've never had to deal with an adult so mean and so challenged with an inability to connect emotionally with others. My friend emailed me and told me she had a friend whose situation was a lot like mine. She said her friend expressed similar feelings of abuse a lot like mine. My friend said her friend went to a counselor and it really helped her friend deal with her abuse and feelings. She suggested it might help me deal with my mother in law's abuse. I thought, yeah I'd love to get help in dealing with my mother in law's abusive behavior. I know it's not normal! I'm tired of her tirades, rages and games. So I made an appointment with a therapist for the first time in my life to talk about my mother in law. I had 50 minutes with the therapist. He asked how old I was and where I was from. I opened up right away and told him I was there because I was sick of my mother in law's abusive behavior. I told him about how she's always told me and others I need help and medicine since the very beginning of my marriage. I told him how she never talks to me, how she doesn't call or communicate with me ever, not even when she's visiting. How she never asks how I'm doing, never asks me about my boys, she only talks or cries about other family members when she's visiting or talks about herself. She doesn't listen to me and talks over me. I told him about the events that I recorded here on the blog. I told him how I wrote my feelings on my blog and her reaction was attacking and accusing me of hurting my boys. That I'm dangerous. That she told Curt he was disowning her and he never said that! I kept going on until I was tired talking about her! When I stopped talking he asked me why I stopped talking. I said its the same thing over and over. He said its okay if I feel like I'm repeating myself. He said its normal, our emotions and feelings are bigger than us. He told me my mother in law is "borderline" and "rigid". She "splits" and puts Curt and I on her blacklist. She manipulates, she sabotages us. He told me she devalues me. He was confirming my feelings about her are right. He said it, she is sick. He told me I need to set boundaries with her and tell her it's not okay to attack us and be mean. So I did that and she hasn't responded of course. I'm glad I have a professional now on my side! He told me I have Curt and him now to help me deal with her abuse. I'm thankful too that her abuse is getting documented professionally!

1 comments:

Christina said...

I'm glad that therapy helped- I'm sure it will continue to do so! I hadn't thought about having professional documentation of what is going on, but that is really smart.