For the past 7 years we have celebrated our anniversary, September 11th, 2004. In years past, I have really felt happy on September 11th because we were celebrating our marriage and family. It was a very special day for us, because it was the day we created our eternal family. I'm thankful we got married that day. Life goes on and we must always press forward with faith. God does not want us to stand still in fear. He wants us to be courageous no matter what we are up against. I have really been thinking a lot about September 11th, 2001, yesterday and today. I have been thinking about all the innocent people who died instantly on the day without having a choice in the matter. I have thought about their courage. I have thought about the strength of the human spirit. I know the tragic events that took place that day really set the course for this past decade. Everything that has happened in the past 10 years, has happened because of September 11th, 2001 in one way or another. I was horrified, completely horrified yesterday thinking about the events that happened in an instant faster than we can complete a thought. I was horrified thinking about those lives lost in an instant. As I thought about how quickly these events occurred and the fact that they had no possible way to save themselves from death, I then felt comforted by the spirit. I started thinking about all those good people and I know in an instant their spirits went immediately to the Spirit World. I know there is an "afterlife". I remembering searching the scriptures for peace and understanding of physical death on September 11th, 2001. I know that all those bodies will be resurrected and restored to perfection. I know Jesus Christ lives and because He lives we too may overcome physical death, become resurrected and enjoy the blessings of exaltation. Heavenly Father is so loving. I'm thankful He has given us these gifts made possible only through His Son, Jesus Christ.
Alma 40:11-12
11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.
Alma 40:21-23
21 But whether it be at his resurrection or after, I do not say; but this much I say, that there is a space between death and the resurrection of the body, and a state of the soul in happiness or in misery until the time which is appointed of God that the dead shall come forth, and be reunited, both soul and body, and be brought to stand before God, and be judged according to their works.
22 Yea, this bringeth about the restoration of those things of which has been spoken by the mouths of the prophets.
23 The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I LOVE reading your Blog. I know I don't always comment ( I know, laaaame ) but I do love to read it. And thank you for sharing those Scriptures. We had a joke in my family because my Dad was in a wheelchair and his legs had been amputated below then knee ( before I was born ) We used to laugh about how the Lord would have a hard time finding his legs and would probably just grab a couple spare legs for him : ) Morbid, I know !
Thanks for sharing. :) You are an amazing example. Love hearing your testimony.
I thought of you on your anniversary... I always do since it's an easy one to remember. You are so insightful and wise. :)
Sweet Thoughts Left