Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Here comes Fall

9.28
Some fun things we've done:
We took the boys downtown to use our Blue Iguana (mexican restaurant) groupon. The food was okay. I asked if they had Horchata and the server said, "No." What?! No horchata at a mexican restaurant?! We were glad we got a groupon to try the place because we had been wanting to ever since the boys got their pictures taken in front of it back in June. After lunch, we headed over to The Gateway Mall and we took the boys to the theater to see The Lion King in 3D. It was AWESOME! The boys loved it and were glued to the screen and story the whole time. I'm thankful they are so good in the movie theaters. It makes a FUN outing for our whole family going to the movies! After the movie, the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate the building. We didn't hear about or see any fire so it must have been a false alarm. We used our other groupon and got the boys some frozen yogurt. It was a fun afternoon.

Curt's sister and family came that evening to visit. Stephanie is always so kind to share her favorite caramel apples from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory with us when she comes to visit. The apple pie caramel apple is my favorite. We stayed up late talking and visiting and they came to church with us the next morning. Curt was sweet and made a Chicken Parmesan skillet recipe I wanted to try. It was delicious and I'm always so thankful for his willingness to help. I'm really grateful we live so close to family now and I love when they visit us, even if it's just for a day!

Curt's brother, Matt, was in town from Chicago and came to visit us before he had to head back. We  visited and went to Red Robin for lunch. Red Robin is a Noble/Hansen family favorite whenever we get together.

My friend Lisa invited me to go with her and her mom to the Relief Society Broadcast this past Saturday. We ate dinner at The Lion House first and then headed over to the conference center. It was such a treat to be able to go to the broadcast in Salt Lake, and it was such a fun evening with a friend. I love how organized and unified the Relief Society is in purpose. I have a testimony the Relief Society was ordained by God and is a divine institution for women to grow and walk in the light of the Lord.

Since the Blue Iguana was somewhat of a disappointment, I still wanted some good Mexican food. We went to La Costa in Sandy last night and it was fantastic. I love that when you sit down they bring you beans, salsa, chips and water right away. They always keep your water cups full too without ever asking. I got the Sunrise Enchilada. It was an enchilada with an overeasy egg on top and holy cow was it delicious. I loved their red sauce and I am NOT a fan of red enchilada sauce. They are usually too spicy and I prefer green tomatillo. I was pleasantly surprised with how good it was. We ordered the soapapillas for dessert. It was a whole plate full of soft, warm pastries not fried crispy tortillas. The boys loved them and ate the whole plate except for the one I had. They also have good Horchata too. We will be back for sure!

I'm really looking forward to Conference this weekend and going for a drive again up the mountains to see the beautiful Fall colors. I love the Fall Season and I love how rejuvenating and refreshing Conference is every October. I love this time of year.

 Cache got a new winter hat. I love that he's always been my hat boy since he was a little baby. He's so handsome and looks so grown up.

Some of Cache's preschool projects. A pudding bear for the week of letter B. A transportation page for the week of letter T. The bunny is from primary and Cache did a good job coloring in the lines. I also love all of his color choices. I love his creativity.

1 comments:

mad white woman said...

Your boys are cute. They look so different, but they are both cute. I ate at the Blue Iguana with Rob and Heather the night before they got married. Yeah, I think we are spoiled here in AZ with good Mexican food. :) Sopapillas sound so good right now. Oh, and I think the egg thing is a New Mexican style food. I've never tried it.