It is amazing how well I know my boys' individual unique personalities. I sensed this was coming with Casen. (It NEVER happened with Cache. Are you kidding? Cache get his hands DIRTY and YUCKY! NO WAY!) For a few months, Casen had been telling me when he needed a new diaper. He would say, "Mommy, Potty!" and touch his diaper. Then there was a couple weeks in May where Casen touched his poops in his diaper. He ONLY did it in his crib when I put him down for nap time. I couldn't wait around all afternoon for him to go, so I would put him down for his nap knowing what I would find after his nap. (It would have been handy to have had a video baby monitor on during his nap time to catch him in the act!) I never got too bent out of shape about it... you know, bending over his crib cleaning up the mess.... oh ya, or upset either. ;) He never made a big mess. Nothing smeared all over everything, just on his hands and a little on his clothes and/or bedding. Yep, he's just too cute, sweet and innocent. I would have him smell his poopy hands and tell him, "YUCKY!" Then I would bathe him, wash his clothes and all of his bedding and animals, and disinfect his crib with Lysol. One day, he got really sad Peanut was in the washer and went and stood in front of the washer and watched Peanut spin round and round. Casen started crying, "Peanut! I want my Peanut!". It was really sad to see him cry for his best friend. When the washer stopped, Casen pulled Peanut out of the washer (we have a front loading washer) and gave him a hug and kiss with a smile before he tossed him in the dryer. It was really sweet. Soooooo, when we went up to Sandpoint my brilliant sister in law, Morgan suggested to do the same thing they did with their little boy.... ONESIES!!! Why didn't we think of that?! I picked up some onesies from TJMAXX and he has been cured of temptation ever since! (We just put him in a onesie and then put his clothes or jammies on top). I can't remember the last time I put Casen in a onesie as a baby. He has always been so thick with a wide bottom, that I think I stopped putting him in onesies around 9 months probably. He looks so much more like a baby again in a onesie. He also looks like a little gymnast with his gray jammie shorts on. He mostly looks like my little best friend.
We got a surprise package in the mail this week that just made our day! (Thanks, Aunt Tammy:) I almost cried when I opened the packages Aunt Tammy SURPRISED us with. I was so grateful for how thoughtful she always is of our boys. The boys were both so excited to wear their new jammies. I think you can tell. :)
4 comments:
wow- your baby is 2!!! time for another one---haha- dont you hate it when people say stuff like that? your little guys are so cute--are we hanging out this weekend or what?:) glad you got the room all fixed up for me...haha (i'm hilarious tonight):)
Your boys are seriously so cute! I love their smiles and how happy they always are.
We do the same thing- love the onesies!!! Eventually, he will probably figure out how to undo the onesie (at least both my girls have), but then you can use a safety pin so they can't unbutton it!
Ambree's almost to the point of taking off her diaper...I know it'll happen in the next few days. :(
But my friend said she always put them in overalls when they reach that stage...they can't take the diaper off! Ambree can unsnap the onesie, so that trick won't work for me.
Sweet Thoughts Left