Saturday, February 12, 2011
Quietly
My Valentine's gift from Curt. I've wanted this one ever since I first saw it. Which was a long time ago, probably when I was pregnant with Casen. It reminds me of my relationships with my sweet boys. I always pull Cache to my side and give him sweet hugs and tell him what a good boy he is, how smart he is, how proud I am of him, and most importantly how much I love him. Casen has been sitting on my lap since the day he was born. He is my baby boy. He LOVES to sit on my lap and asks at least a few times a day. He comes up to me and says, "Ugg" or "Hol". Hug and Hold. I love to hug and hold him. I wish I could forever. I'm grateful my boys can seek and find comfort and love in my arms. I love being their mother.
Curt often reminds me that Valentine's day is for me, and not him. He reminds me how he will never be upset if he never ever gets anything on Valentine's Day because it's a holiday for me. He says it every year. Even though Curt doesn't care for Valentine's Day, he is sweet to celebrate it for me every year because he loves me. I wanted to get him a special treat so I took the boys with me to See's to hand-pick a box of his favorite truffles. The See's chocolate lady that was helping me, commented how happy and good my boys were. She asked if they were always so smily and happy. I said they are and she mentioned how much easier it is when they are easy. I agreed and said that because they are so good and happy I really don't want them to grow up. I wish I could just freeze this time. This gift reminds me of my special relationship with each of my boys and how blessed I am to be their mother. It will always remind me of this special time in my life and their lives, where I get to hold my boys close. I love the quiet moments I get to share with them daily. I love my baby boys.
Posted by JLynn at Saturday, February 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have this one too and love it!
You are very lucky and blessed to have such good and happy boys!!
I have it too and it melts my heart every time I see it. What a beautiful thing...families and our little boys...thanks for being a faithful friend to me. I love you!
Sweet Thoughts Left