Friday, February 11, 2011

I'm L♥vin it

Sometime around my 1st post of the year, I stated that my motto for 2011 is, "It's my year!" Oh, baby is it! First off, I feel really happy and excited that a lot of the "It's my year..." things are happening. Well, they aren't just happening they are things I have wanted to be better at, feel better about and do more of. It just makes me happy that these things are happening. I have a happy attitude and living in Utah really adds to that happiness. It is refreshing to be here. The mountains were breathtaking today. I could just touch them they are so close. My random thoughts when I look at the beautiful snow covered mountains are Bob Ross paintings and powdered donuts. :) I am grateful for the peaceful feelings of knowing all is well. I'm so happy for Curt. He is so passionate about his job with the church. I told him it is so cool, because he's not only "working" he is serving the Lord! How cool is that?! He met with Bishop Burton and Elder Bednar this week. He told me how amazing it was to hear Elder Bednar speak candidly. I got excited and giddy for him just hearing this. I know the work Curt is involved in with the church is spreading the gospel and he is so eager to do all the things they are planning to do concerning missionary work. The internet is an amazing tool to spread the gospel. It is very exciting for Curt and I that he is apart of this exciting work at this exciting time in the church. They have been asking for 2 years to make things happen and now that Curt is on board he and his team are making the changes and doing what the Brethren have asked. I LOVE that Curt loves going to work each day. I LOVE the work he is doing!

Things I'm loving about Utah:

*Shopping centers everywhere as opposed to either shopping in Littleton or Highlands Ranch. Here it's South Jordan, West Jordan, Salt Lake, Sandy, Murray, Midvale, Fort Union?, Cottonwood Heights, Draper, Riverton, Herriman.. Smaller cities? but more shopping... I'll take it!

*The mountains. I love being surrounded by the mountains instead of just having the Rockies on the West. Here there's the Wasatch & Oquirrh mountains surrounding me.

*The Quilted Bear! This store is HUGE. Over 40,000 sq feet. I'm obsessed with this store. They have everything. GREAT crafts. Home decor + everything else. There is sooo much to look at. I love it.

*Paradise Bakery restaurants. (There was only one in the food court at Park Meadows Mall in HR, CO.) I love Paradise Bakery Broccoli & Cheddar soup. I also LOVE their sugar cookies. Extra love for their sugar cookies with buttercream frosting. Mmm. Mmm. Panera Bread has nothing on Paradise.

*Making new friends and living close/closer to old ones. I'm really loving this.

*We are closer driving distance to California. Disneyland. Disneyland. Disneyland. I LOVE Disneyland. We are so excited to take our boys..... ASAP!!

* We will NOT have to drive 24-26 hours STRAIGHT to Curt's parents in Sandpoint EVER AGAIN. Holy cow.... We seriously almost did not make it home last time. It was the WORST trip. Ugh. Ohhh, but we can NOW just drive to Rexburg and stay there overnight with Curt's sister and family.... THEN drive 8? hours to his parents. Sigh of relief.

*All the time off Curt gets. Casen's birthday is May 30th and just happens to be Memorial Day this year. That means.... he gets a 3-day weekend.

*All the time off Curt gets! Works out for me that I was born on July 23rd, since Pioneer Day is July 24th. :) (I am really looking forward to seeing how Utah celebrates Pioneer Day.) This means he will ALWAYS have the day after my birthday off. :) ALWAYS. Lucky for us, Pioneer day is on a Sunday this year so Curt gets the Monday after off. That means 3-day weekend. :)

*Random Fun Fact! Curt's birthday is April 8th. So, his birthday was on Easter Sunday 2007. Easter is on April 8th again next year. :) I'm loving how 3 out of our 4 birthdays in our family fall on or the day before a holiday.

I'm L♥vin it.

1 comments:

Kindy said...

Jen-
I'm so happy that you are enjoying Utah so much. It sounds like you are adjusting pretty easily, and the shopping and cookies at Paradise sounds perfect!
I promise to post a prego pic soon, I'm just so behind on my blog and really need to catch up!