When the end of Goonies was on TV tonight.
Curt: "I watched this movie when I was a little boy and I liked this movie a lot."
Cache: "Ya and I was still in mommy's tummy."
"Daddy, I want to watch this movie. I like this movie, but I want you to hold me when the scary guy comes on."
Cache is such a sweet guy. He doesn't like the Halloween isles at Target.
Since the Halloween costumes have been out at Target, the first thing Cache says when we get there is, "Daddy, You're not going to scare me, right?!" (Curt has scared him before with a couple scary masks. :)
Tonight we went to Target and Cache was getting a little nervous going through the Halloween isles, so I handed him the "friendly ghost" to hold as we went through the isles so he wouldn't be scared and would feel that Halloween can be fun and happy. He loved the friendly ghost, so I decided to get it for him as a little Halloween gift. Casen got a puppy stuffed animal in a ghost costume. They love their new "friends". Cache came home and I heard him introduce his new Ghost to his other friends. Then he sang them "I am a Child of God.".... Cache is a tender spirit, he has such a sweet little heart. He asked to take a picture with his new friend.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Halloween Time
I got the Mr. Potato Head pumpkin pirate set on clearance last year after Halloween. I saw them at Target this year too. We put him together a week ago Sunday. Cache thought it was pretty fun. Maybe next year we will carve our first family pumpkin?? (I don't like knives and I don't think it'd be a smart idea to let me do the carving. Knives make me nervous.) The day after we put the pirate pumpkin together Cache asked me to find all of his potato head parts so he could play with his potato heads. I also got the Halloween Mr. Potato Head on clearance last year too for like a $1.50. I went a week after Halloween and got a couple costumes (the incredibles & buzz lightyear) for them 90% off. I want to go again this year and hope I can find more kid costumes for them to have now for pretend play or for future Halloweens.
Cache wants to be a fireman this year. I got him some "fire truck jammies" that are HIS FAVORITE and he has LOOOOOOOVED fire trucks ever since he was Casen's age or younger. He has always loved Red Fire trucks. I got him a fireman costume coming in the mail this week. (I got him one last month but it's too small for him to play in. I thought I could fix it, but better off just getting a bigger one. I ordered a bigger size so hopefully it will be big enough to grow and play in. We'll just keep the smaller costume for Casen. My boys are really starting a little costume collection. I love having two boys. It is so great having a little brother in our home. Casen always has clothes and lots of toys to play with!)
Since Cache is going to be a fireman, what is Casen going to be? I told Curt I wanted their costumes to coordinate and Curt thought of a dalmatian. Curt picked out cute costumes for the boys this year. I got Casen's at Old Navy last month for $12! I was happy about that considering Cache's costume is the most I've ever spent on one.... I put Casen in his costume yesterday afternoon and I don't think he likes costumes as much as Cache. I guess he will grow to like them.... I enjoy putting him in costumes and laughing over how CUTE he looks. Casen is one CUTE spotted dog! Casen LOVES DOGS! So it's just as fitting for him to be a dog, as it is for Cache to be a fireman. .... Still whenever Casen sees a dog at the park or where ever, he is sure to say "DOG!" and smile and point. This little boy is going to want a puppy..... but for now he's our puppy.
His little yellow elephant always brings comfort.
"Get me out of this."
Right
NOW!!!
Posted by JLynn at Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
See Spot throw a fit! Poor little man. It will get better Casen, I promise. He looks very adorable! I love it! And Cache's too.
Sweet Thoughts Left