Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I have just been consumed with thoughts of sweet baby girl Preslee for over a week now. I just looked at her family's site again and every time I do, I am just brought to tears. Preslee has blessed my life. I have never even met her or her family, but her story and her family's faith in God has been such a blessing in my life. Her family wrote on their blog they knew it was in the Lord's hands and they were grateful for the amount of peace they felt after the accident. It is truly so humbling for me to read about their faith and their love for little Preslee. I love this little girl and I hope I get to meet her someday. Am I crazy?! Her sweet life is such a reminder to me to be more humble, more grateful and to love more everyday. Even more than that I can see this is the Lord's will and she is carrying out His work. Her life and story is strengthening my testimony in God and all His glory. It has been a reminder to me that everything God says He is, He is. All of His work that goes on in the temple is so important and it can only happen if we do our work. D&C 11:20, "Behold, this is your work, to keep my commandments, yea, with all your might, mind and strength." I can not get over how many lives she is reaching, touching, and changing. Through this great horrific tragedy I can truly see the Lord's work and His will in all this. I can truly see that this is the will of the Lord and His work. It is a blessing for me to know this, because I have always struggled understanding why Heavenly Father takes sweet pure and perfect spirits like Preslee, but people like my family still get to be upon the Earth and they don't love or appreciate the gifts of mortality. They are not good people and they don't want to know Him. It's always been hard for me to understand sometimes. I'm so grateful for Preslee's strong spirit she is helping build my testimony. He truly does have "plans" for His children. I have been reminded of the scripture that says what God's work is. Moses 1:39

"For behold, this is my work and my glory- to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."
Through her passing and tragic accident, Preslee is helping bring His children back unto Him and lost sheep into the fold. I'm extremely grateful her family has shared her story with the world. Little Preslee is such a blessing and I'm sure the Lord has told her, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." She has definitely been an instrument in the Lord's hands to bring so many souls back to their Father in Heaven. What a wonderful little missionary she is! I'm sure that this is her work and I'm grateful for the blessings this little girl has brought into my life. She is fulfilling her mission in life and is truly an angel. It is still so heartbreaking to see her sweet pictures. Her spirit is so strong. My prayers and heart go out to her parents and family. I can not imagine their grief over loosing her. I can not imagine how hard this has been on them. I hope they will be blessed with the special comforts they need throughout the rest of their lives, until the perfect day they are reunited. It is a sweet blessing that the Lord gives us hope and something to  hope for. I believe in the sealing power. My testimony is strengthened of eternal families. Families ARE eternal.

1 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Aw Jen, I love your Blog. I love you my friend. You are amazing. You are amazing in more ways than you could ever know. Your Spirit is SO strong. No matter what you write about - I feel the Spirit so strongly when I read what you have to say.

This story broke my heart too. The loss of a child is so hard - there are no words to express the feelings. My experience was a piece of cake compared to this. But I remember having the same thoughts and feelings about Elizabeth being in our Father in Heavens hands. And I remember the Lord being so close to us and carrying us. I look back now and I see that there is no way we could have made it without Him.

Love you friend : )