Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I ♥ Mesa

I ♥ Mesa

We had the BEST trip. We spent everyday visiting friends and eating good food. Anna, Ashley, Beka, Leah, Roni and surprise, even Emily! It was such a great great trip. I wish I could visit my Mesa friends all the time. I have been blessed with the best friendships. They have all blessed my life tremendously. They are such great ladies. I'm so thankful we got to spend all of our time with them on this trip. It ended too soon. I already can't wait for our next Mesa visit...... when it's not so HOT. Curt's parents let us use one of their getaway weeks from their interval timeshare so we got to stay in Scottsdale at a nice resort for only $265. Then the resort gave us a $75 visa card for listening to their sales presentation. I feel like they paid us to stay there. Minus the $75 they gave us, we only paid $190 for 7 days at the resort! It was so fun for our family. Here's the highlights from our trip.... swimming as a family at 8:30 in the morning because it was already 85-90 degrees hot, getting a $75 visa gift card from the resort just for listening to the timeshare presentation:), get together at Ashley's with Beka, Leah, and Anna plus all 13 of our kiddos (including 4 sets of twins), Tia Rosas shrimp taco with fresh pineapple salsa + a Horchata = So good my mouth is watering right now just thinking of the refreshing goodness, dinner at Anna's house and it must be said that she makes the BEST roast we have EVER had, pizza at Beka's house, Cache got to play with friends all week, Visiting my friend Candace and getting a CHI for $40 woot!, old Rosa's cheese enchiladas and sweet green salsa + another ice cold Horchata = best mexican food in mesa, old Rosa's with Jason, Anna, and Clara, visiting with Curt's high school friend Ben Orwin at Nielson's frozen custard (sorry, Nielsen's has nothin' on Good Times frozen custard strawberry cheesecake spoonbender. Real chunks of cheesecake throughout the whole thing. Good times, just sayin'.), Cache got to swim at Jan's house with Ashley's cute twins, Ashley made us a delicious lunch with chicken salad sandwiches while visiting, Visiting with Roni and talking late at night before her wedding, Roni and Dave's sealing and pictures with friends, Roni's luncheon at Tia Rosas- another shrimp taco!, Roni's "A Paris Street Market" vintage, artisan, antique style reception.... delicious pork, fresh pineapple, and carrot cake!, shopping at H&M, Cantina Laraedo in Scottsdale (best fajita beef tacos), GOLDEN SPOON, Bahama Bucks- Big Red Bahama Rama Mama, Scottsdale Train Park and Sugarbowl with Anna and Clara, Paradise Bakery, In n' Out, my sweet friends watching my boys for me so I could attend my friend's sealing and reception, late night visit with Emily as she was coming and we were going!

It was an awesome, jam-packed with fun, visiting friends the whole time, eating mexican food whenever we could, drinking the best horchatas, playing in the pool and sweating in the sun the whole time we were having fun, best trip EVER!!!!!

I ♥ Mesa


I'm sweating in most, if not all of these pictures. One of the many reasons I ♥ Mesa, it is HOT. I can remember now why I was so thin when I lived there...... Calories melt right off of me while I'm sweating in the sun and I don't want to eat because I'm too Hot! Except golden spoon frozen yogurt and Rosas horchatas! :)


The joys of having boys. What's wrong with this picture? Cache has his hand down the side of his pants WITH a smirky grin on his face. What a boy. I didn't notice until AFTER the picture was taken of course. I know he was doing it on purpose to be a stinker. :) that's my Cache.


hahaha. Looks like I'm standing by my lonesome in this pic. It makes me laugh! Roni and Dave are such a cute couple. They match perfectly. I was so happy we could make the trip and see them on their wedding day.


Now for the reception pictures. I took lots of all the details. I call it "A Paris Street Market" reception because I felt like that was where I was at at her reception. I don't even know how many of these vintage coke crates I have seen every summer at the paris street market. There were different flavors of bottled soda to enjoy. I loved the Raspberry Lemonade one. It was perfect. Every detail at Roni's reception was so lovely, vintage and antique! The most beautiful wedding I have ever been too. I loved how extravagant it was. I bet Roni felt super special. She had such a beautiful day!

They had the best food. Everything from fresh fruit, fancy cheeses and crackers, to freshly carved turkey and pork loin, to two guys making your own custom pasta primeivera or Alfredo!

Roni's mom must be the best shopper! I don't know if she made these ruffle chair covers, but they were so fancy and darling. I love her taste in decorating! Everything was so darn adorable and straight out of a magazine! I'm sure it was all a dream come true for Roni!




Cutie Curt.
That carrot cake was delicious. I have loved carrot cake ever since I was a little girl. I love how the spice and the cream cheese frosting go together. This one was very moist.


Wasn't that a cute reception?! I bet you felt like you were right there with me. :) I seriously had the best time visiting all of my best girlfriends and eating the best mexican food. It was so special being able to attend Roni and Dave's sealing in the Mesa Temple. I hope we will get to spend more time with them, because they are such a great couple. I love all of my Mesa friends so much. They are all like my family.
 I ♥ Mesa. 

0 comments: