As I was sewing last night, Cache was being a chatterbox like usual and asking all sorts of things about my "sheen". (sewing machine) As I was sewing, Cache commented, "Wow, that's amazing blankie, Mommy." So sweet Cache.
Since July, (plus the lovies pictured above that are in the works), I'll have given TEN mini rag quilts as baby gifts ALL for baby girls!! The last bunch I made was in April, one month before I had baby Casen. Starting with my friend Christina, then sis-in-law Steph, my friend Stacey, Jolene's baby shower, (two in the mail to Jennie), Jill, Susan, Whitney, and Debbie (girl or boy)! I honestly love making these little rag quilts. Admittedly, boy ones are hard. :( I'm picky about fabrics. It's harder to find cute boy fabric that is actually cute and not cutesy, etc. I have NOT purchased fabric since the FALL of '08! That is crazy. Well, not really considering I only sewed six lovies last april. That was the whole year of 2009. Well, I guess I had a baby and my husband lost his job so that's my excuse for not sewing much.... (or buying new fabric!) : ) I'm still using up the same fabric with the batch I'm currently making! Well, I still have a bunch left even after that. Fabric goes a long ways. I don't like having more of anything that I don't need, so no need to buy new fabrics when I've still got plenty to create with. I am surprised though that I have come up with so many different color combinations and fabric combos all with the exact same fabrics. So, my mini rag quilts are nothing new to anybody, but I just feel so happy and good sewing these little blankets. I love giving them as gifts. (Again though I feel bad I have such a hard time sewing boy ones. Maybe I will be on the lookout for some cute boy fabric...)
Casen will be 8 months old on January 30th. My baby boy is getting so big and he is a mama's boy through and through. I happen to think it is just so cute. Personality wise he prefers women. Yep, he's a ladies man. He actually said "mama-ma" ONCE. It was just a couple weeks ago after I had gotten him out of the bath. I was drying him off in his towel and putting lotion on his face. He looked up at me and said, "mamama". It MELTED my heart. It was the sweetest thing... small moments like that make all the hard moments so worth it. I should have named Casen 'Mitt'. I call him Mitt, Mitter more often than not. : ) He is such a great boy. He smiles ALL the time and people are always commenting how smily he is and how pretty his blue BLUE eyes are. Still hard to get those laughs out of him, but when he does laugh it is deep from his belly.... BELLY LAUGHS and it's contagious! He has been such a great addition to our family. Cache loves talking to him and playing with him all the time. Cache will get on the floor where Casen is playing and lay down next to him and talk to Casen, hug him and play with him. Cache is a good brother. I hope they will be great friends like Curt is with his brothers. Casen takes a morning nap, an afternoon nap and an early evening nap as well. He still nurses only 5 times throughout the morning/day/evening and sleeps ALL through the night. My boys are both excellent sleepers. Motherhood has been easy on me with good boys that sleep so well. Both of our boys started sleeping through the night at around 8-9 weeks old and when they start sleeping through the night, they stay sleeping through the night. Even teething doesn't bother them and keep them awake at night. I'm thankful for this, because I sure do not like the mornings. : ) It is a blessing. Little things like that are. Casen loves his homemade baby food. He likes to eat the highchair straps and gets angry at us when we take him out and he can no longer shove them in his mouth. I've only made sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pears, green beans, and sweet peas. I did buy some Target up & up brand peaches baby food and he likes that too. He also eats tree top applesauce and likes that. It's time to introduce more foods and more variety. He loves to cuddle, be held, and loved. I miss his little face when he's sleeping at night. He's a good happy baby and loves to roll all over and discover new things. He loves Daddy's attention when Daddy comes home late in the afternoon. It's like Casen says, " Dad look at me! I'm here!". He loves his mama's attention still 24/7, so my sewing and daily chores get done around when he's napping and sleeping. I really love my babies. I love doing their laundry and washing their bedding, toys, etc. I love folding their little clothes. Ever since Casen was born, I have loved getting to fold another little boys laundry. I will be so sad when I no longer have little boy clothes to fold. I'll move on and enjoy another phase of life, but right now I'm really enjoying this one with my little guys. Love you boys.
5 comments:
Jen I love the green one!!! It is flippin adorable! Very precious! Way to go on breaking out the sheen again!
Also, I LOVE doing Adalynn's laundry. It's a treat. Love you guys!
glad to see your back in the sewing groove- who knows when i will get there:) i cant believe your little guy is almost 8 months! that went super fast! he's so cute & congrats to cache for going to the potty in the potty:) your a great mom Jen!!
I just got the lovies in the mail!!! Jen, you are amazing. I just love them. I'll photograph Ambree looking at them tomorrow. She LOVES looking at the fabric and the colors...and then wants to shove it into her mouth. :) A pure compliment from a baby!
You make those so well, I need to pick your brain about your secret on how you do the edging in the zig zag.
And the Heather Ross fabric is SUPER SOFT! I've seen her fabric but have never bought any for myself and so it surprised me just how soft it is.
Thanks again SOOO much (for the blanket and socks too)! I'm thinking some little leggings might make their way to CO sometime soon. :)
Yay for Cache utilizing the toilet. Tell him I say he rocks.
I've been wanting to sew for a long time... I need a project to do. I've become really grumpy since I work too much. Too bad you don't live next door. We could sew together. :)
Wyatt loves his lovey! It's his little blanket in his crib. It's the perfect size, I don't have to worry about him getting tangled in it, but it makes me feel like he'll be comforted with his blanket in the night. You're the sweetest friend!
Sweet Thoughts Left