Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Just a little update on our noble life. Nothing much really. I'm incredibly tired these days. Whew.... and out of breath too. Good thing I got that sewing bug out of my system a few weeks ago. Sorry no pictures this post. So if you're looking for pictures, I guess you are out of luck! 
Baby Casen is doing well in the womb still. I'm grateful this pregnancy with him has been smooth sailing and such a joyous experience. I'm about 35 weeks pregnant and just chuggin' along. When I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago in April my midwife was off to deliver a baby, so I saw her partner midwife Paige. I really liked her too. (I love how personable everyone is at my Dr.'s office. I like medical professionals that are easy to talk to and don't just give me the "by the book" types of answers/responses.) When I lifted up my shirt for the baby's heartbeat she said, "Oh, you have a cute belly." I said, "Oh, Thanks." I figured she thought that because my belly does not have any stretch marks. Don't worry I've got some in other places. Yuck. Stretch marks. When she also commented on my belly, I had to wonder, "Well, what does she think of other bellies that she doesn't think are so cute?!" That's the thing though about my pregnant belly. I think it's way cute when I'm pregnant too. Perfectly round, no stretch marks, my belly is tight, and my belly button pops out but only far enough to be even with the rest of my tummy. I think my tummy is beautiful when I'm pregnant. (I honestly think it's the ONLY part of me that's cute when I'm pregnant. I can assure you I won't be getting any compliments on how cute my belly is after I have Casen. :)When the baby comes out it's a different story. Ugh. When I was pregnant with Cache, women had told me that my belly would feel like JELL-O after I gave birth. I remember thinking, "Oh, yeah right." Wrong. I hate how my tummy feels after the baby comes out. My tummy is tight for the 10 months I'm prego and then when the baby comes out it's a whole different story. :) I'm hoping to get myself in better shape though after Casen than I was with Cache. I've done really well this pregnancy and haven't gained more weight than I should. That makes me happy. I only gained a pound between my last two appts. My midwife has also NEVER mentioned my weight at all during this pregnancy!!! I always think that must be good. :) I try to be real careful of my food choices and intake cause I know it's gonna stick to me like glue post baby! I seem to always be dreaming about chocolate cake and cheesecake though. Just dreaming and not consuming. It would be so nice if I could indulge in whatever I wanted and not gain an ounce! Now wouldn't that be the life for everybody! 
I met with my midwife Diana yesterday for my 34 week appt. Just one more appt. in two weeks and then weekly appts. after that! She listened to his heartbeat for a while. I asked if it was good and she said, "Yep, sounds like a boy!" :D  I had read back on my blog when I was 34 weeks pregnant with Cache and I had had an ultrasound and said he was about 5 lbs. at that point. I told Diana I figured Casen was already around 4-5 lbs. and she agreed and said I'm carrying a nice sized baby. I told her I'm expecting Casen to be around 7 1/2 pounds as Cache was 7lbs. 11oz. She said that women mostly have the same, but she said that delivering a 7 lb. or 9 lb. baby is not really different at all. So grow Casen grow! Diana said yesterday that she knows the last 6 weeks seem like the longest. I told her I'm expecting to deliver at 40 weeks again, so there's no expectations or disappointment on my part of having or not having an early baby again. It would only be a pleasant surprise if Casen decided to be born early and he was healthy. One of the Dr.'s from my last office had told me during my pregnancy with Cache that most babies only come early to tell us something is wrong or to signal that they need special attention in one medical way or another. Diana said Casen is head down. She felt for his head and then told me to feel for it. Honestly, I don't like pressing on him. I like to give him his space and he's already cramped enough in there! She said he should stay that way for the next 6 weeks since there's not that much room for him to move around anymore. I'm glad he's head down.... and I figure it was the back of his neck that she felt and had me feel. So good boy Casen for being in the proper position!!!! I remember being at this stage in my pregnancy with Cache and I could remember when he'd move sometimes and I totally thought it was his chest popping up and out of my belly. Come to find out I was probably right. :) I'm really hoping Casen is face down come delivery day and I want a pain FREE birthing experience this time!!!!! 
This past week we've made some nice purchases. We got Casen's carseat! Which I was totally excited about! Brand new and beautiful. It's SO Much nicer than the seat we had for Cache. I think Cache's infant seat was totally dinky compared to this one!!! It's red & brown and holds baby up to 32 lbs. and 32 inches. Curt thinks Casen will be skinny and tall like Cache. I never know what to think. I said the other day in the car to Curt that Casen could be a little chunka lunka! Cache then said, "Chunky Chunky!" :) I'm just grateful to have a bigger car seat this time and I know Casen won't outgrow it before he's one like Cache did his. Can't wait to have a new baby to put in the new seat!!!! (Cache calls it Casen's seat. and says, "Casen's seat go in our car." I still anticipate the smiles on Cache's face when he sees his little brother is a real person.)
Curt got a nice Honda lawn mower just a couple years old off of Craigslist from a nice guy in Parker. Curt was the lucky guy to get to it first! When we arrived the guy had said his phone had been ringing off the hook over his lawn mower! Curt only wanted to spend $50 on an used lawn mower and once again we were blessed with what we needed for the exact price. Curt told me it's hard to come by a "working" lawn mower that doesn't need new parts or that isn't broken for $50. So we got a REALLY good deal on a really nice name brand WORKING lawn mower. It's been so wonderful how the Lord has provided everything for us that we've needed for our new house. I'm truly amazed. Ever since finding our new home, everything with it has just gone so smoothly and worked out so nicely. It feels like everything has been such a breeze. (Sometimes I have to think.... Okay, what is in store for us!) I'm extremely grateful for all of these great blessings and that our needs are always taken care of. When things work out so perfectly like this (finding the house, getting the house, washer/dryer, lawn mower, etc.) , it's so reassuring to know we've made all the right decisions and we are right where we are supposed to be. It's very comforting to know that the Lord is always watching over us. 
The Elder's Quorom president called us last night and offered his Little Tikes backyard playhouse/play gym for Cache for FREE to us since his little kids are too old for it now. Of course we'd take it! Another blessing just out of the blue. We went right over to his house to pick it up! Curt put it together and I hosed it off. Curt told Cache that it's his new "fort". :) Cache calls it his fort now and enjoys climbing on it and going down the slide. I'm sure I'll get plenty of pictures of him playing on it this summer. We're REALLY grateful Cache has that now to play on in the backyard! I'm SO grateful for all of these blessings!!!! 
Last weekend was the 1st weekend of the summer for A Paris Street Market. I've been anticipating this for awhile now! It's one of my MOST FAVORITE THINGS!!!!! It's only once a weekend for 6 months out of the year. I told Curt I had to be there SUPER early and we left the house at 10 after 7 am. We got there at about 7:20 am (before the official start time) and I went to my favorite vendor first. I got TWO (incredibly cute) matching black night stands for $32.50 a piece. Same price I paid for my cute nightstand last year. We put the two night stands in the guest room on each side of the guest bed and they look SO cute!!! I was SO happy with my find and SO worth it to get there super early! Just after I bought them and the guy was placing the sold stickers on them some ladies were looking at them too! I looked at the ladies and said, "Sorry!!", But really what can I say...... The early bird gets the worm! ;) 

3 comments:

Christina said...

With nursing your stomach will go back much faster. I lived off of nursing and ice-cream with Audra and my tummy went back pretty quick- you'll be fine!!!

Emily Widdison said...

your tummy will be fine THIS time. But I make no promises for the NEXT time:)

mad white woman said...

I'm glad you've had so many lovely blessings... you deserve them.

I remember driving in the car after Clara was born (like three days after) and my stomach turned the corner too, just slid right over. It was awesome. Yeah, no, it wasn't awesome.

What a deal on your lawn mower! That's sweet.

I had this great idea to go to Utah this summer then drive to see you, until I realized it's an eight hour drive. WAAAAAH!