Friday, April 17, 2009

Snow today, Spring next week

Obviously, NOT the best pictures, but pretty good for having NO SUNLIGHT! Since we are having crappy weather all weekend, I plan on spending my time inside using my pretty fabric to make "baby blankies". That's what Cache calls them. I made this one today and I've got more lovies in the works. My highlight of the day was when I was going through my fabric bin and came across TWO YARDS of cozy white flannel stashed at the bottom! Seriously, Awesome! I love it when I find things that I need and didn't even know I had! 
This week I finally finished unpacking a few boxes that were left upstairs. We got Casen's play yard/bassinet set up in our room. I washed all his little clothes and blankets and put them away in the drawers in Cache's armoire. (Cache & Casen will hopefully be sharing a room when Casen is 2 1/2 months old. That is ONLY if he's a good baby AND starts sleeping through the night at 2 1/2 months like Cache. I'm really dreaming Casen is as good of a baby as Cache was!) I think Casen might need a few more 0-3 month outfits or 3-6 month. The only other thing I can think of that I NEED is a CAR SEAT!!!!! I need a Graco Safe seat infant car seat to go with my black Graco stroller. I've looked ALL WEEK online & at stores for a Graco safeseat and NO LUCK so far! The car seat we had for Cache was in NO shape for another baby. Honestly,  it wasn't in all that great of shape when we bought it in the first place. We had bought it as the store's floor model on clearance and at the time it was a great blessing, because it was pretty much all we could afford. It worked nice for Cache when he was small (really when was Cache small?), but Cache has always been such a TALL baby. He really outgrew his infant car seat a lot sooner than before we actually got him his forward facing car seat. We need a Graco safe seat that can hold TALLER babies up to a year and I NEED it to put in my Graco stroller. Just thinking ahead, incase Casen is tall like his brother! I sure HOPE I find a car seat soon! 
So, Today was another snow day. We've had more snow within the past few weeks than we did all winter. It feels like January or December..... not April. The good news is all the moisture is making our backyard really green and next week we'll be enjoying the warm 70's. :) YAY.
(a glimpse at my perspective 32 weeks prego)
I was telling Curt today during dinner that I feel like a fat cow nowadays. I know... so positive. Cache was underneath the dinner table and we hear him say his new favorite phrase he's picked up from mommy.  "No joke! No joke!".  It was quite funny. Cache cracks us up. So besides feeling like a fat cow, How have I been feeling? Generally good, but it's been hard to breathe the past couple weeks. Things must be getting really cramped in there! :D I'm feeling the lower back pain every now and then and A LOT of weight in my lower stomach as well. That's a good sign though that Casen is indeed growing bigger week by week. As you can tell, I carry my babies ALL upfront..... so the bigger little Casen gets the more weight I feel in front of me. This is when I start feeling like I'm walking behind my baby OR more commonly known as waddling. :) Oh, and we decided a few weeks ago on his name. Casen Ryder. I'm LOVIN' it! ;)  Oh and one more thing..... When I'm in bed, I have to constantly flip over from side to side to relieve the pain from cramps in my legs and hips. I sometimes think the idea of having my baby at 36 -37 weeks would be ideal. Ideal only for my comfort and ideal only if Casen was already a BIG healthy baby at that point. Then I remember how wonderful it was to deliver a healthy baby at 40 weeks.... minus the pain of delivering him face up of course. The longer Casen stays in his warm home, the healthier I hope he will be at birth. So in reality, 8 more weeks of not being able to breathe and constantly being uncomfortable is very doable! I can do it! We love you Casen!

5 comments:

lisa said...

You are adoreable! Your lovey's are adoreable! And I love the name you have picked for you second son!

Adam & Brandi said...

So this is my favorite lovey so far, besides Adalynn's, I just love the dark, rich brown!! Send it my way please and thank you! Also I love the belly from the top view. We are about the same. hehe! Oh and ya thanks for the cute coat and shirt. Because of you, I have cute outfits, and my husband thinks I'm a supermodel. Whatever.

Jennie said...

You've got your sewing mojo back! I love seeing all of your creations. :)

That's hilarious about Cache saying, "no joke!". I'm so excited for you with Casen coming in 2 months or less. Good luck finding your carseat...and getting some sleep at night. I'm the same way at that point in my pregnancies. My hips hurt from the weight and I get leg/hip cramps and spasms. Not fun!

mad white woman said...

Wow Jen, I LOVE the bold colors on that lovey. Aren't you just a crafty little lou? Next time we hang out, whether in CO or AZ, you gotta show me how to make those. Not that I'd be able to pick out fabric that coordinates like you do, but hey, I could at least sew.

Your belly is so cute.

Luber family said...

Such a great picture of the view from your camera down to your cute little belly. Cow? Yeah right! There was only one other child in nursery besides Shanelle on Sunday. We miss Cache!