Sunday, April 05, 2009

My resolve is to be a better person and to take more pictures of Cache.

I love the restored gospel.

I'm grateful for all the blessings it has brought into my life. Included with the blessings are trials, because without my trials I wouldn't be able to grow. I'm so thankful to have a gospel loving family. 
There's too many moments where I wish I had my camera close by to "steal" a moment of Cache's cuteness. I love seeing him grow and learn, but I'm really going to be sad when he's no longer my cute little 2 year old. He's so perfect to me. Even though he's not perfect, he is because he is a child. I love his sweet smile and his shy little grin. I love how cute his little face looks when he wears his beanie. I LOVE the sparkle in his beautiful blue eyes. I love it how he takes his socks off all the time and puts them on his hands. Silly boy. Then he tries to pick up his toys with socks on his hands and he frustratingly says, "Come Onnnn!". (I need to make him some sock puppets. :)) I liked hearing the conference talk on changes. Life IS full of changes. We can't slow life down and we can not prepare for all the changes that will take place in our lives. Some changes we can prepare for. I think I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with all the changes that are taking place in my life. I'm grateful for them and I'm grateful they are changes that I can prepare for. New house. New ward. New baby. I tell Cache all the time that he's my cute baby..... but a new cute baby is about to enter my life and that's a change I am preparing for. Preparing the best I can at least.  I'm grateful for life's changes and for the blessings change can bring. Even though changes can overwhelm me at times, I'm grateful they bring opportunities for me to grow and to change myself. I'm looking forward to the change of being a mother of two, instead of just one. Although, I'm savoring this time I have with just Cache these days, because before I know it I'll be reminiscing about them. Change is inevitable in life. There's always so much change ahead of us in life. We can't foresee all of them, and that can be a good thing. It is comforting to know though that changes will always come. That thought can bring a lot of comfort. There's been times in my life where I've thought exactly that. That things will not always be the way they are and they will change and will always get better. I'm grateful for the Savior and for His power to truly change us when we submit to Him. I'm grateful He lives and for all the changes His gospel has brought into my life. 

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I enjoyed conference too. Lots of talks about overcoming, enduring trials, etc.

mad white woman said...

I loved how frank that talk was: get on with your life. I kind of laughed at that b/c I'm so bad and dreading and avoiding change.

You take lots of pictures of Cache, I thought. I can't wait to see if Casen is another mini-Curt. Exciting changes coming your way! :)