Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Home Makeover

I've had quite a lovely weekend with my little family. I'm SO excited for our BIG move! I just stopped packing about a half hour ago at 12:30 am. The WHOLE house got painted last week. :) When I say, 'WHOLE', I mean WHOLE house. Even the garage that used to be bloody RED (not kidding!) got painted from the very bottom to the very top of the ceiling AND even both doors. Did I tell you the interior of the house was painted ORANGE, YELLOW, & GREEN?!!!?! Ya, I think they were going for a southwestern look and it was SCARY! Just hideous! Every time I'd tell someone, I thought I was going to throw up in my mouth, b/c it seriously was so darn ugly! The whole house has been painted a beautiful cream color and it looks absolutely fantastic! It's nice, neutral, and toned down to say the least! ; ) The owner told us we could paint rooms if we'd like, so we'll see, but I definitely won't be painting while I'm preggers. The carpets were just professionally cleaned yesterday and we went over today to see if they were dry yet. We're going over this week to clean, to put all the blinds and hardware back up, and to start movin things before the big move that's less than a week!!! We're so EXCITED! It feels like a dream. This has just been such a HUGE blessing for our family. I'm so extremely thankful of how mindful the Lord is of our family and our needs. We are really looking forward to the next two years in our home. I also can't tell you how excited I am about my new Extra Large Capacity stainless steel washer and dryer!!!! May seem silly, but it's another blessing. Why is it such a BIG deal that I own a washer and dryer??! I never have before, and I'm so happy with the set Curt got me! He's the BEST! Curt thank you so much for ALL that you do for our family! We love you soooooo much!!! I'm full of gratitude for so many wonderful things and for all the blessings we've received in recent months. 
Here's some before and after pictures of the paint. You won't get to see every room and all my cute decor since we haven't moved yet, but more importantly because I don't want the whole world wide web to know what every inch of our new house looks like. :) I gotta draw my privacy line somewhere! I'm just sure our friends and family will be visiting us anyways... cause ya know the house just looks so much better in person, esp. once I get it all decorated cute! ;). 

6 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

I love the changes!
That bread you love so much is here in Utah too!:0

Christina said...

The new colors are MUCH better! I am so happy for you guys!!!

Adam & Brandi said...

Wow those were some hideous colors, you were right. The new colors look lovely. I am so excited for you and your growing little family. I can't wait to come and visit. Soon, my dear soon! Until then, you keep going back to TJ Maxx and find all kinds of decor for your new abode. When I get down there, I'll show you where to put it all!!! :) I'll come and decorate for you! Yippee!!! I can't wait! Neither can YOU!

Jennie said...

Yeah, that's some pretty crazy color schemes going on! And multiple colors in one room even, UGH! Great job on your color choice, it looks so peaceful now. I am so happy (and a little jealous) that you get to live in such a BEAUTIFUL, no GORGEOUS house! We don't have new homes like that over here, they're all pretty old, musty and needed to be updated/remodeled. Good luck on your move!

Adam & Brandi said...

The new colors make the place brighter and more cheerful. I'm glad that she was willing to work with you and change the colors! Good luck with the move!

Adam

Luber family said...

The before and after pictures are fun and I must say that I LOVE the after pictures much better. Smart to do that before moving in!