Cache and David played in the bucket o' balls Wednesday night shortly after we had arrived in Rexburg. They had lots of fun playing in the balls and throwing them around. Quite fun and very sanitary too. :)
Cache and his Aunt Deanna.
Cache and his cousin, David got to play together LOTS over the Thanksgiving weekend. David could say Cache's name. He'd say "Cas Cas". Cache said D.
Stephanie and Andrew
Adam & Brandi and their cute little dog (Foxy Lady) too.
Cache and Uncle Matt. Cache played on David's four-wheeler from the moment we walked into the door on Wednesday night to the moment we left on Sunday morning. Cache LOVED it. We already put in our order and Santa will be delivering a four-wheeler just like this one for Cache very soon. We're so excited to see Cache's little face on Christmas morning. He will be SO happy. :)
The Thanksgiving feast.
We spent our Thanksgiving Holiday with family this year. We were especially grateful because the last time we were able to spend the holidays with the Noble clan was in 2004. Yep, a long time ago. We spent all day Wednesday driving. Literally all day. We left our humble abode in Littleton at 6 am and arrived in Rexburg around 5:30 pm. It was a long day in the car. It was Cache's first road trip ever. He's definitely not the best traveler by any means. We had to stop like every two hours to let Cache walk around and stretch his tiny limbs. After two hours in the car, Cache would start yelling like clockwork. He sounds like a duck being strangled. It's such an ugly sound. My sister in law, Brandi would disagree. She thinks Cache is such a pleasant little angel 24/7. I actually recorded Cache yelling in the car on the way home. Just to send to my sister in law. So she'll know once and for all how "ugly" Cache can sound at times. :) I'm assuming most babies/toddlers cry in the car when they get restless, but not my son. He yells and yells and yells. My husband is a blessed man. I don't know how he ALWAYS, yes ALWAYS keeps his cool with Cache and talks to him so sweetly. While I lose my patience so so easily. Ugh. So glad we've got Curt. :) He's the best.
When we finally arrived in Idaho and we were driving on the highway 20 from Idaho Falls to Rexburg.... we saw the Rexburg Temple all lit up on the hill. It was the first time we've seen the Rexburg Temple. It was such a beautiful sight I started crying. I didn't even know why I was crying. I was just overcome with joy at the sight of the temple in Rexburg. This was our first trip back to Rexburg since August 2005 when Curt's sister Stephanie got married. Before that it was when we left Rexburg in 2004 to get married. Curt and I love the small town of Rexburg. The whole town is the size of one shopping center in Littleton. Curt spent 3 years in Rexburg earning his bachelor's degree in Business management and all of his spare time either working hard at Les Schwab tires to pay for his education OR snowmobiling with all of his college buddies. We've each got special memories of Rexburg, but our best memories of Rexburg are the ones we made together while we were dating. Aghhh. :) The year I lived in Rexburg was a very special year of my life. It was a very hard transition to make, but it was all so inspired. It was the next step in my life that helped me get closer to receiving all the blessings I desired most in my life. I was blessed with so many wonderful blessings and so many opportunities to grow within the gospel while I lived in Rexburg. I had so many great experiences on the campus of Byu-Idaho. I think I was so blessed to be able to attend Byu-Idaho during the time I did. It was such a special time. Elder Bednar was President of the school and the spirit on the campus was always so strong. It was such a great time in my life. The best part was when I met Curt. We had so much fun dating in Rexburg and I knew early on that it was meant to be. I just love the life Curt and I have created together. Life is hard and it's not always fun, but it's such a wonderful blessing to have such an incredible person in my life to share all the ups and downs of life with. Curt is the greatest blessing that came from my time spent in Rexburg.
We took these pictures on Thanksgiving day. The sun was just setting and Curt and I turned out to be black shadows in the pictures. :( I had to try to spice up the pictures so we could be seen in them. I call this my "engagement" pose. Ha HA!
Back to the Thanksgiving holiday.... We stayed with Curt's sister Stephanie, her husband Andrew and their little boy David. Stephanie is the manager of the men's Jordan Ridge apartments at Byu-Idaho. I think she has a pretty cool job and she gets a pretty cute place to live too! My sister in law, Stephanie really knows how to decorate. She utilizes all the space she has and has the cutest home and holiday decor all throughout her home. She reminded me that I need to take advantage of Kirkland's Home since there is one in Aspen Grove like 3 minutes away from me. It was really so great to visit Stephanie, Andrew, & David because we usually just get to see them once a year at the Noble family reunion. We also got to visit with Adam and Brandi, Matt and Deanna. I'm so glad Cache got to see so much of his family and he got to play with his cousin David. We ate dinner below their apartment in the Ridge clubhouse. Stephanie cooked a wonderful Turkey and a lovely Thanksgiving dinner for all of us with all the trimmings. Curt and I provided the bubbly- The Martinelli's sparkling cider. Steph also let me eat her coconut bread. Which was very delightful. Curt's parents and other missing family members - Jeremy, Morgan, Maggie & Boyd wanted to be with us while we ate, so they watched us eat Thanksgiving dinner through SKYPE on the computer. It was a little weird having people on a computer watch my backside the entire time I ate, but I know just how special I really am, so really who wouldn't want to watch me eat??? :) We played air hockey and ping pong after we ate and had a relaxing afternoon.
Cache played peek-a-boo with his "Bam-pa" on the computer.
Here's my strong man hard at work. After Curt and Adam played ping pong they went into the weight room to see how much they could lift. Curt lifted 225 lbs. Pretty much he lifted his own weight. :) Not only once, but Twice. I'm so proud of my man. One of the things I've always loved about my Curt is his strong physique. Ouhhh, I LOVE my man! Oh I could go on and ON! When Curt was in high school and played football, the max he lifted was 240 lbs but only weighed 160 lbs. then. :) Too bad Cache looks so scrawny. I was hoping he'd inherit the Noble muscles like his dad, uncles and grandpa.
Stephanie, Deanna, Curt & Cache and I went to the Rexburg WAL-MART at 6 in the morning on Black Friday. Deanna got the cameras she wanted and Stephanie bought a bunch of presents. Curt and I didn't buy anything. We just enjoy being out in the hustle and bustle on Black Friday. I did spot my old Rexburg roommate, Nicole in Wal-Mart. So it was a pleasant surprise running into her and getting to see her in person . We went to Porter's craft store next and I just LOVE Porter's. It's like a Mormon woman's DREAM craft store. :) They have EVERY wonderful craft project under one massive roof. It's a huge store and I'll always think it beats out Joann's, Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Porter's seriously has everything. I got some fat quarters of fabric on sale to make some new loveys. I also got Cache 3 wood puzzles for $11 total and a plush new teddy bear for the new baby on the way. :) I could spend hours just browsing the aisles of Porter's. I think I really like Porter's so much, because I never get to shop there and they have every craft project I would LOVE to do!!!!! After Porter's we went home and then the whole fam went to Rexburg Motorsports. Curt reminisced about his college snowmobiling days and Cache wanted to "ride" everything in the store. We went to a few stores in Idaho Falls and then we headed back to Rexburg. We ate lunch at the "NEW" Fong's. I couldn't get over how the signs on the restaurant actually said "NEW FONG'S". I just think that's so funny and you'd only see something like that in a small town. :) Fong's is a chinese food restaurant that Curt and I would always eat at or order take out from during college. It's so good and extremely cheap. We went to dinner that night and visited Curt's friend Steve from college and his family at their house. We had a good time visiting with family and friends.
Visiting Rexburg Motorsports
I got frozen yogurt at Mill hollow. I used to eat frozen yogurt from their while I was at Byu-Idaho. I'm so happy I got to indulge in my fro yo craving. It's such a sad sad thing that we don't have ANY frozen yogurt in Colorado. None. Zip. Nada.
Saturday, the girls went and got pedicures and Stephanie and Andrew treated all of us to an evening out at the Mountain River Ranch. We had a winter wagon ride (supposed to be winter sleigh ride, but there was no snow) and went to a dinner show. The dinner was wonderful and we had a great time. After dinner, Deanna got called on stage for a magic trick. She was the lucky guest! Thank you so much to Andrew and Stephanie for such a wonderful evening! The family played Rock Band on Matt's X-Box? with the drums, 2 guitars and one lead vocal. Too bad the family had to miss out on my singing. :) I fell asleep on the couch. I did enjoy watching Curt sing though. I've always encouraged him to sing. I think he's so great. :) We headed out Sunday morning around 10 am and we took a different route home. We drove through Ogden, Utah and around Salt Lake and we were so blessed to have had favorable weather conditions the whole way home. We made the trip home in about 11 hours. Cache was pretty good the first half of the trip through Idaho, Utah and Rock Springs, Wyoming. He was yelling a lot off and on the rest of the way home. He just wanted "out" as he kept saying. It's rough driving that much in one day and I'm so thankful to be home. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and we were so grateful to be able to spend the holiday with so much family this year.
1 comments:
I think you're going to have to save that recording for me too cause I can't quite believe that your son yells, I can't even imagine him crying! He's such a sweetheart. Oh, and don't be too down on yourself about getting frustrated with a toddler, it's all part of that wonderful stage! Cache looks so adorable on that snowmobile! So cute! Well, I'm guessing it's a snowmobile, I'm not exactly well versed in that kind of stuff. But he looks SO cute! It's nice that he was able to try out his Christmas present, it's nice to know that they'll love it! It looks like you guys had a blast and I'm so glad you were able to spend Thanksgiving with family.
Sweet Thoughts Left