I took Cache to a playgroup with his little friends this morning for a few hours. We came home and ate lunch, then I put Cache down for his nap. Cache took a good nap and I made some cookies. It was fun to make these while I had my hour or so of peace and quiet. :)
I watched Paula Deen's Cookie Swap last night. Paula made her Grandma Paul's Sand Tarts. I tried out the recipe myself today. WOW, They are GOOD! VERY EASY TO MAKE. They melt right in your mouth when they are warm right out of the oven. They are dense cookies, just like shortbread. They have pecans in them and they are a little flaky and crunchy on the inside. They are sweet enough, but definitely not super sugary. I've never made cookies like these before, but I'll definitely make these again. They were very fun to make. The dough is so soft, it's fun to shape into little crescents. I'll definitely have to make these cookies with my kids in the future, because the dough is so soft it would be so fun for little ones to shape the cookies. I personally think you can't go wrong with a cookie covered in powdered sugar. :)
Yesterday, Cache and I spent some time in the morning and during the afternoon watching the little bunny play in the snow. There are lots of bunnies in Colorado. Cache would wave & say "Hi" and "Bye" to the bunny and call him "Bun-eeee".
2 comments:
Ahhh...that is so cute, Cache watching the bunny play! I can't believe how much snow you guys got!!! We still haven't received any snow yet, but (trust me) I am anxiously waiting. I heard you'll be going to Bear Lake next year. That'll be a lot of fun. Yeah!!!
Adam
Snow is cool. Cookies are cool. Cache is cool. You and Curt are cool.
Cool.
Sweet Thoughts Left