Over the past month I have taken extra delight in my son. I have been filled with gratitude to have him in our home and as a member of our eternal family. I miss him when he naps, and I look forward to when he wakes up. He is such a pleasant person and I love his purity and innocence. He just warms my heart and I'm always thanking my Father in Heaven for entrusting him to us. I find so much joy in the opportunities and blessings I've been given as his mother. I love the tender moments I get to share with him on a daily basis. I love how he so kindly asks to sit on my lap to read a book or to play with one of his toys. I love that he finds so much comfort in my arms. I hope he will always find such comfort in me. As I delight in my child, I know my Father in Heaven delights in me as I know I am following His Plan of Happiness. I love being a mother because it truly is My Father's plan for me. He has blessed me and provided me with such a wonderful life where I can follow Him and His Son. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to teach His children about His gospel. I love seeing Cache fold his arms when we pray and I love how excited he gets to go to Nursery on Sundays. His Nursery leaders have often mentioned how much they love and look forward to seeing him in their class. Children are such a delight. They bring blessings to so many around them. I'm so grateful for the blessing we've been given to bring children into our family and home. When I feel such joy, I'm reminded by the Spirit that this is what it's supposed to be like as a parent. This is Our Father's plan of happiness. I'm so thankful the Lord has preserved me and knows me well. He has guided me and helped me overcome opposition so that I may enjoy the family and life I have desired. The more I parent Cache, the more love I feel for him and the more love I feel from my Heavenly Father. It's such a wonderful circle. Over this holiday season, I've thought a lot about how grateful I am to know Christ. All the gifts The Savior gives to us and how I can give more gifts of the Savior in my daily life to others. How grateful I am to be able to teach my children about Him and to always remind them how much Jesus loves them. It's such a humbling experience to be a parent. It's brought me the most joyful experiences I have yet experienced in this life. I was thinking about the new spirit child that will be joining our family soon. I know the wonderful increase in love I feel for my son, is preparing me for the new spirit that will soon join our family. It's such a wonderful thing that as a parent we just have an increase in love for all our children. It never lessens or takes away from one another, it just flourishes equally amongst them all. All the feelings I'm able to have as a parent, I know are blessings from my Heavenly Father. My feelings and blessings as a parent teach me more about my Father in Heaven and how important His children are to Him. I count my blessings everyday. The Lord has brought so much happiness into my life. I'm eternally indebted to Him for giving me such blessings and such joy. I'm grateful to know the things I know and I'm grateful to have my family. I'm grateful that I am sealed to the family of God. I'm so thankful for my little ones and the great joy that motherhood brings. I know they are gifts from my loving Heavenly Father. Delighting in my children is a blessing from Him.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Sweet Thoughts Left