Sunday, December 28, 2008

Here we go... AND TOSTADA SUNDAYS!!!!

Okay, sooooo- I'm 16 weeks preggers now. This is the time where things really start to get exciting for me! Food starts to sound good again, (that's a good/bad thing!), I'm still tired though but hoping to get my energy back sometime soon, and in the next few weeks is when I'm really gonna pop out! I noticed last week my belly button is starting to pop out again like it did with Cache. My belly button pops out, but it just gets even with my whole belly. It doesn't pop out like a button. I remember with Cache the weeks 16 - 20 weeks is when I REALLY STARTED SHOWING! I started feeling Cache's sweet movements at around 16 1/2 weeks. I feel those bubbles popping early on. I can fairly say I've felt the "bubbles popping" within the past few days with this new little babe. I know the difference between being gassy and quickening. :) The baby really starts to double in size during the next few weeks and it was so exciting with Cache, I think I'm getting just as excited now with this baby! I was going to wait to take a picture at 20 weeks when we find out what we are having, but I just know there is such a huge difference between now and then I had to take a preggy picture. I am still wearing my normal jeans- which still fit just fine & it makes me SO HAPPY that I still am! (We'll see how much longer it lasts. :)) Here's my picture at 16 weeks and I feel huger in person. :) Believe me. I am. Oh, yes within the past week I could tell this baby is really starting to grow. Some people may think I don't even look any different, but believe me I do! My baby is about the size of an avocado now. I can definitely tell there IS an avocado-sized baby growing in my belly! ~ Keep on growing little one! 
Speaking of avocados.... Today is SUNDAY- so that means it's TOSTADA SUNDAY!!!! YAY!!!! There's a new tradition in the Noble household and it's called Tostada Sundays. For the past few Sundays (and even some weekdays) I've made Tostadas! I just love to say, "Tostadas!" It's such a fun word to say, (say it! :)) and even better tostadas are so easy to make and so fun to eat! So we've turned our Noble family Sundays into TOSTADA SUNDAYS!!!! Awesome! 
You want to know??!- I'll tell you how. :) Here's how I make Tostada Sundays so fabulous! 
Get a package of the Mission crispy tostada shells. There's a lot in one package - so you can make tostadas everyday of the week if you want too.
Cook some chicken and shred it.
Place the tostada shells on a cookie sheet and spread Philly Chive & Onion cream cheese on them. Then sprinkle with shredded chicken and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Place in oven preheated to 375 for 4 - 5 minutes.
Take out of oven and top with fresh guacamole or fresh avocados. (Gotta have Avocados!)
Then add shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes! 
Ready to eat!
Savor every bite!
(If you like more of a kick to your Tostadas- you can add taco sauce on top too! I'm a fresh and simple person, so I like my tostadas tasting that way without taco sauce, etc.) 
Hooray for TOSTADA SUNDAYS! I seriously said it ALL day today. It's so FUN! :)

4 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

never had them with cream cheese...I'll have to try it sometime. Cute prego picture.

mad white woman said...

I've never had them with cream cheese either. Your tostadas sound much more exciting than mine.

You look darling, Jen!

Adam & Brandi said...

Ah, man! Now I'm hungry. Dang it Jen!!! :D This sounds like a fun tradition. We should start something like Cookies-N-Milk Monday...hmmmm...that sounds good now too. Why do I have to be at work right now?!!!

Adam
hahaha

Teagan said...

YOu look AWESOME!! congrats!!