Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hello, Baby #2!

Hello Baby #2, (the head is on the right and the body on the left).
My midwife pointed out that the white line right there on the bottom right is the amniotic sac. 
Our little baby was just dancing around the whole time. It was really cute. Sweet baby. We saw the baby moving around it's little legs/feet and arms/hands. I really felt like my baby was saying HI to me. We saw the baby's heart beating in it's little body.  It was special to see the little babe for the first time. The baby measured exactly right at 10 weeks 5 days. 
We went to my first pre-natal check-up today at my new doctors office. I meet with a nurse midwife now every four weeks. I REALLY LIKE MY MIDWIFE. (Curt thinks she's Mormon.) That doesn't matter of course, but we do know she's had 7 children and I think that's awesome. She's very nice and made me feel very comfortable. I'm so happy to have a midwife this time around, instead of just seeing random nurses and doctors within the office each visit. She's going to be there with me through the whole labor and delivery process too. I had a pretty painful delivery with Cache, so it will be nice to have a nurse midwife there for me this time around. :) I feel like it's a real blessing to have Diana as my midwife. It's nice too, my new doctors office is in the same building as Cache's pediatrician and it's right next to Littleton hospital where I delivered Cache and where I'll deliver the next new little babe. So my midwife has an OB who chatted with me about my medical history and such. Along with Diana, she seemed surprised that I had my Mirena out in July and got pregnant the 1st month trying. They said some people steer clear of IUDs because they're not sure how it will affect their fertility. Well, I had the mirena put in at my 6 week postpartum check up after delivering Cache. I wasn't going to take any chances till I was ready, and considering how close my 1st two pregnancies were. Curt and I have been real blessed that it's never been difficult for us to conceive. It's been a real blessing we're very grateful for. Diana mentioned the down syndrome tests and ultrasounds at 12 & 16 weeks, which would be my next check-up. We told her we're not doing them this time, because it really doesn't matter to us. I told her We wouldn't think any different if the test came out negative and the baby was born with Downs. Doesn't matter. Diana did a complimentary ultrasound after we chatted. The first thing she said when she was getting everything ready was, "Well let's see, we're hoping for a girl this time!". We really like her personality, she's really warm and fun. Curt and I were like,"Oh okay." We hadn't said anything at all. I told her of course we'd be happy with either. Diana would say he when she was talking about the baby dancing around and then she'd correct herself and kept saying she. :) It was special to see our new little one on the ultrasound. We saw the baby's heart beating in the ultrasound and it was just dancing and wading around in the amniotic fluid. It was really sweet. We saw the baby move around it's little hands and feet. It was just wiggling around in there, and Diana pointed out the baby's little fingers to us. It really looked like the little baby was waving and saying, "Hi." to us. It was very special and I'm so grateful for this pregnancy. I'm especially grateful that I'm not sick at all and that the baby's measurements and everything looks so good. Oh, and my due date is officially June 13, 2009. Diana said oh this will be quite different for you since your boy was born in February. I told her I didn't want another winter baby this time around, and I planned it so I could still take Cache to the park and hold my newborn all the time. She said summer babies are really fun. We think so too, we're so excited!

6 comments:

Kylee said...

Jen, sounds like everything is going great with the family. I think Cache looks like a little Kurt, except he has some of your facial expressions. That one picture earlier in your blog where Cache is eating pudding with Kurt and he is looking at the camera; I saw Cache's smile, and I thought it looked exactly like yours.

Adam & Brandi said...

This is wonderful Jen! I enjoyed reading this. For some odd reason, when I talk to you or as I was just reading this you make all my worries go away. It's just funny, because you kind of calm me down. I'm always thinking of the birthing part but I need to just take it one day at a time and enjoy the whole process! I'm working on it.

Kami Milliron said...

HOLY POOPIE, I am SO excited ! I had no idea you were pregnant. Congrats, SHE already looks so cute ; )

Welcome to the Belly Club !

Ashley Harris said...

JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF IT WASN'T 10 P.M. I'D BE ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW!! YOU'RE PREGNANT!! CONGRATULATIONS! I didn't know that. Did I miss that post somewhere?! I'm so excited for you! Yay!!! Baby number 2 is on his/her way! How exciting! Cache is going to be a great big brother, what a fun thing! Oh, I'm so excited for you! Congrats!!!

The Noble Family said...

I am glad your ultrasound went great. I can't wait to find out what you are having. 10 weeks is a little early to find out what you are having. They thought that Boyd was a girl initially but don't tell him that. HAHA. Relax and enjoy being pregnant.

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!!!