We went to an Annual Craft Fair at the park this past Saturday.
Cache found a stick.
He loved running through the grass.
He thought his stick was his microphone. He kept talking into it.
He sure loves his daddy.
I love him too. :)
so much.
It's 1 am and here I am blogging. This week I have been sooooo scatter-brained. I've been laying in bed for the past 2 hours. Just laying there. My mind running a mile a minute. Thinking of a million things. Wandering from one thing on my "TO DO LIST", to thinking about all the different people I love and their lives, and of course we can not forget how much I love to think about the grandeur of the glorious gospel in my life and in the lives of others. One of those nights where my body is really tired, but my brain isn't. Just can't seem to shut down and rest. I've been just lying there thinking about the chocolate chip cookies I want to bake and how I want to go shopping at SuperTarget to get everything I'll need, the homemade oreos I've been dreaming about and salivating for for the past month, the banana bread I need to make with the rotten bananas sitting on the counter, cutting the fabric and then sewing the peaches n' cream baby rag quilt I want to make, phone calls I need to make tomorrow (today), laundry sitting in the dryer that needs to be folded and the laundry in the washer that needs to be dried, going through cache's dresser drawers and sorting his 12-18 month clothes and storing them away b/c they're too small, this dinner and that dinner I keep saying "I'll make it tonight.", then it becomes "I'll make it tomorrow.", the dirty dishes just waiting in the kitchen sink, all the upcoming events/activities this October: the Harvest Fall Festival this Saturday the 11th, the ward cheesecake & lasagna bake-off contest on the 18th that I want to take my cheesecake bars too, taking Cache to BOO at the Zoo on Oct. 25th, trick or treating at the high school on the 30th, our dear brother and sister in law coming to visit on Halloween weekend and how much fun it will be to visit with them, the ward Halloween Party Nov. 1st, and that should be just about everything I've been thinking about. I definitely do NOT have a life where things are over-scheduled. I just do NOT have enough time in one day to accomplish all the little things my heart desires, b/c if I'm always doing the things I want to do, then the things I need to do get neglected. Sometimes needs and wants though can be the same thing. For example, I need and want to take care of my family everyday by doing and taking care of the little things. --I've been thinking about conference weekend and how much peace and joy I am filled with just by hearing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing. I love hearing people sing the Hymns that testify of Jesus Christ and bring The Spirit into my home and warmly into my heart. I love hearing the Prophet and Apostles speak and listening to The Spirit bear witness to me of the truths they testify of. Conference weekend is so unifying and edifying. It's so wonderful to have modern day revelation. It's so wonderful to have a modern day Prophet. What a blessing to have True Apostles of Jesus Christ who have been given keys to administer and teach amongst His flock. The Apostles work and missions upon this earth are such a testimony that Jesus Christ Lives and they are His disciples. I'm so thankful for the Priesthood and the blessings it brings to my family. Such sacred and powerful blessings that I'm so thankful for. --Well, I better try to go to bed again. I should be able to, now that I've gotten this all off my mind!!! I have dreams to look forward to.
(After I went to bed again last night, I realized that Relief Society Super Saturday is also on Oct. 25th. Also, Cache is now 20 months old! He is such a BIG BOY! He really is! For a long time now, Cache has only had his binky for nap time and bedtime. Within the past couple of weeks, He has decided he no longer needs his bink. At bedtime or naptime, I'd give it to him and he'd give it back. Then he actually chewed holes in 2 of his binkys. So then I knew he was finished with binkys for sure. Luckily he didn't chew them up so bad that he swallowed or choked on the silicone! If Cache still wanted binkys, he would suck on them and not chew them all up. Cache goes down for naps and to bed now without his binky and he made the decision to quit the bink all on his own. :) I'm so proud of him. Way to be a BIG BOY, Cache! We love you!)
3 comments:
I LOVE Colorado so much, it so green and gorgeous. I really hope we get accepted to Dental School there.
It looks like little Cache ( who isn't so little anymore ! ) had fun walking around with his " microphone " He is such a handsome little boy. I hate to tell you, but he is going to be a heart breaker someday : )
I have so many nights when I lay in bed for what feels like hours just thinking of things. Sometimes it it things I need to do and sometimes it's things I want to do. But I can never shut my brain off once I have started. Also, I am almost 5 months pregnant and ALREADY uncomfortable when I lay down. I hate to tell ya, the second time around things happen faster than they do the first time ( the belly gets bigger faster, the heartburn comes on faster, the discomfort happens sooner ) Super fun !
Cache just knows when it's time to grow up! What a big boy! Brynlee did the same thing when we started limiting her binki to only bed times. We still wanted to use it for church to keep her quiet, but she no longer wanted it anymore.
I know exactly what you mean about your brain going a mile a minute. That's when I have to get up and write it all down so that I don't have to keep reminding myself to remember it all in the morning. I just write until I can't think of anything else. And then I can go to sleep. Except, sometimes, I'm hungry again because I've been awake too long. Drats!
PS. YOu look drop dead gorgeous in that family pic of you.
So I totally did that the other night (I think it was Monday). I couldn't go to bed b/c my back hurt and I was thinking a million thoughts a minute. Everything I had to do, everything I was looking forward to, everything I was dreading, loved ones' trials, all my quickly approaching deadlines and on, and on and on. I almost got up, but then I would've probably never gone to bed. Maybe next time it happens, I'll give you a call. :)
Sweet Thoughts Left