Friday, October 10, 2008

Cake, Chocolate Milk, and Halloween Candy

On Thursday I got a lot done on my list. I folded some laundry, did the dishes, made chicken enchiladas for lunch, made my phone calls, started cutting fabric for my quilt, and had a lovely phone conversation with my sweet sister in law. Then I decided I wanted to make a cake that night. Out of all the things on my list I have been wanting to bake...... a cake wasn't even on my list, but hey it sounded good at the moment. Quickest thing to make out of anything too that I've been wanting. The quicker something is to bake than the quicker my sweet tooth is satisfied. That's was the goal. So I baked my favorite rainbow chip and then I had the brilliant idea to put some candle in it, light them up and make a wish! I was actually chatting with my sister in law on Facebook while my cake was cooling off, and then she talked to Curt while I frosted it and blew out my candles. :) I quote, "What? has she lost it??". Maybe. We all know I'm a little crazy and I'll be the first one to admit it. Really though, I know how special I am and why should I only get to blow out candles on a cake once a year??? It's fun and I wanted to make my wish. Which I will not be sharing. I will share though, that as I was photographing my cake I realized that I want a new digital camera for Christmas! We have a nice little Nikon, but we've had it for over 2 1/2 years and we're due for an upgrade. I'm doing really good this year at actually having a Christmas list. Each year I usually get asked what I want and I just humbly reply, "Oh, I don't know.". Well this year, different story. Here's what's on my list so far:  A brand spanking NEW digital camera, a panini maker from target, cookbooks, a very cute sewing basket full of a plentiful assortment of pretty thread, and cute chunky pair of stylish earrings! Anyone know where I can find cute earrings? It's not something I shop for. I don't know where to look and I won't look if it's too hard. :) So point me in the right direction if you can and if you care. :)
Make a cake and Make a wish for fun! We all have wishes to make, so why should we limit ourselves to only one wish a year??? Extra wishing never hurts!!! A little wish can go a long way............ :).
I made my friend's Pasta Milano recipe today for lunch! Yes, Lunch b/c I'm so lucky to get have my hubby home for lunch everyday! This was my 1st time making a pasta dish/sauce from scratch and I must say I was quite proud of myself! It turned out way GOOD! Yum, Yum, Yum! While I was cooking the Pasta Milano, I walked around to the other side of the counter to see what Cache was doing and this is what I found.... 
He had put his daddy's shoes on and was grinning ear to ear! He is such a hoot! His jammies say "Moose". So fitting, b/c that's his nickname. I got two pairs of them on clearance last winter for him at BabyGap for like $4 bucks each! FYI:  The best clearance sales they have are like the 2nd week in January when they clearance out all their holiday clothing to super cheap! Of course I know, because I'm always on top of the clearance sales around town! 
(oh and don't mind the entry way that needs to be "swiffered". :))
We went to return/exchange some of Cache's shoes that were a size too small. He wears size 6 shoes! Well at least in these ones. It really depends on the brand. He is the skinniest, tallest little 20-month-old I know! Curt picked out the Cutest shirt ever for Cache! I'll have to post a picture of Cache in his new shirt and shoes! We had to let Cache ride the 50 cents for 1 minute ride. :) Cache had a blast driving with Elmo. I'm up for anything that makes Cache happy.
I noticed today that our iPhoto folder does not have that many pictures recent pictures of Cache. Waaaaaay too many pictures of quilts! It's kind of annoying. I like looking at my cute kid. Curt tells me, "you take pictures of everything.". Well, apparently I haven't been taking as many pictures of my adorable boy as I'd like, so I tried to make up for that tonight. Luckily, Cache wasn't being a pill (like he usually is if we got to eat), so I got some cute pics. I had to remind Curt as I was snapping them, that he's only this age for so long. 
We went to Outback for a light dinner. We at light and had dessert. It was a fun LATE night with my little family. Cache was so happy from all the sugar from his treat. (Chocolate milk) (Side note:  In case anyone is wondering, Curt is the fun parent who feeds Cache all the sugar. -But I did suggest the chocolate milk tonight to keep him happy and he was being so good he deserved a treat! This past Tuesday night I went and got my hair high-lighted, and just last night Curt told me they shared chocolate pudding while I was gone. :) I'm glad Cache has such a fun dad! Since I'm the meanie mommie that says no sugar!)
"Want some Mama???"
He is just too cute... and he's all mine ladies. :)
I love his big round head and skinny little chicken neck. :)
Everyday, I tell Cache how much he looks like his daddy (he is such a little mini version of Curt, I myself can never get over it!)  and how much he is so much like his daddy. They are seriously two peas in a pod. How did I get so LUCKY??? 
When we got home from dinner we stopped and got the mail and we got this AWESOME "SURPRISE" HALLOWEEN PACKAGE FROM OUR DEAR STEPHANIE!!! She is so thoughtful and seriously sends us a package EVERY HOLIDAY! :) I LOVE HER PACKAGES, They are ALWAYS such a FUN SURPRISE! They mean so much to us, Steph! We love you guys tons! Thank you for the MARSHMALLOWS (my fav!) & all the cute creepy crawly looking gummies! Thank you so much!
Aunt Steph also sent Cache these nice n' cozy jammies! Perfect timing too for the cold night we had! Thank you SO MUCH Steph for all your thoughtfulness & Love! We love YOU! (P.S. Cache has been getting off and on his motorcycle all by himself for a few months now!! When he's being really quiet and I know he's in his room, all I have to do is open the door and he's having a blast just rocking back and forth on his motorcycle! Cutest Thing---- He even says, "Weeeeeee!" Each and Every time he rides his motorcycle! I just want to eat him up these days! Look at that face, don't you just want to pick him up, squeeze him tight and eat him all up too??

6 comments:

mad white woman said...

Yup, you might be a little crazy. But that's why I love my Jen!

I want that recipe. I have one, and it's delicious, but I couldn't make it for lunch (or maybe I'm just too lazy to do so), so if your's is quicker, SHARE.

Clara is just barely starting to wear size 5 shoes. I swear her feet don't grow.

mad white woman said...

Oh, and tell Curt when it's not 2:36 in the morning, I'm going to read his post. :)

Meagan said...

You are such a good little homemaker! I LOVE the picture of Cache and Curt, so cute. I miss you guys a ton!

Christina said...

I get all of my jewelry from Cookie Lee- you can view their catalog on-line (www.cookielee.com-I think!). I have a friend who sales it (they are a direct sales company), but I like their catalog because it isn't super expensive like other companines, but it is still really good quality. Let me know if you like it and I can hook you up with my friend.

Beka said...

WOW! you do have really delicious lunches, Cache is SO cute! I love his motorcycle too. i love all your quilts too, i'm so glad your business is taking off, you ARE so good at them!

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Glad the PJ's fit Cache. I didn't know if they would since he is so tall. They look great on him. Happy Fall! Glad you'll enjoy the package. Sure miss you guys!