Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Cache, That's what happens when you throw a fit.

We went to the park this morning for Park Day. Cache was climbing the concrete stairs. (they're not apart of the playground equipment. of course my son would rather climb them than on the playground. ) Cache can climb up stairs, but he can't go down them yet by himself. I let him climb up the stairs twice and then I'd carry him down. He was throwing a fit as I was carrying him down the stairs. Then I set him down and he continued to throw his fit and fell down onto the concrete. (I'm always telling Cache that he shouldn't throw fits, because it's dangerous and he'll get hurt!) It wasn't that bad of a fall at all. I was concerned about his little head getting bonked, but it seems as though he only got his little nose scraped up. I was giving Cache hugs and kisses after he fell and he kept pointing to his hurt little nose. He's so cute. Cache is a pretty tough boy. He only cried a few tears and my hugs and kisses made him all better. :) This probably sounds mean, but there's no other way to put it. I don't like wimpy, cry baby boys. Who does? I don't want my son to be like that. Well, Curt doesn't either. Curt always asks Cache if he's being a tough boy. :) It's okay for little boys to cry if they get hurt and it's okay for little boys to be a little sensitive sometimes too. It is okay for boys to cry when it's appropriate. It's okay for everyone to cry when it's appropriate! Ha ha! Cache is a sensitive, calm little boy, but he's also tough and definitely not a cry baby. I just can't stand the kids who are so over dramatic about little bumps here and there when it's not even that big of a deal. I'm glad my son isn't like that. I don't want Cache to be a pushover either. When I watch Cache play with other little kids, I can tell he's learning to hold his own. :) Hopefully Cache's nose doesn't turn different colors. 

I'm kind of sad the summer is ending. No more swim days, not as many park days. I'm looking forward to Fall, because it's gotta be Colorado's most beautiful season! The colors of the Aspen Trees are just amazing! I love all the beautiful fall colors and the great weather! I'll be sad when the snow comes, because then we won't be able to play outside as much. I was talking with friends at the Park today and we were saying we are going to have to rotate play dates at each other's houses during the winter. It would be really fun, because we all hate being cooped up in the winter time. 

3 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

It's so funny to me that the end of your park days signals the beginning of mine! It will finally be cool enough in a month or so to go to the park, I can't wait! I swear I think I'll go everyday! And I was just talking to Matt about how next summer I'll have to get some friends of mine together in a play date group to survive the summer! Same coping mechanisms, different climates, different seasons.

Hey, check out my blog. :)

mad white woman said...

Poor little nose. I've let Clara bonk her head on the tile a few times (softly). But hey, that's the only way some kids learn.

Kami Milliron said...

I am so jealous you have Seasons. Here it is just hot, hotter, really hot, are you kidding me hot, and WHAT THE HECK hot !

You are such a good Mom to Cache. We have to let our little ones fall sometimes.