Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Year of the Rhodes Roll

This is the year of the Rhodes Roll for me. :) Apparently I've been out of the loop. Earlier this year, my friend Ashley made Rhodes Rolls and I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. The rolls were really really good though. :) Then this year at the family reunion my sister in law told me that she makes her Pull Apart Rolls with Rhodes Rolls. Mmmm... I had to try these Rhodes Rolls out for myself. A couple weeks ago I bought a bag of Rhodes and made a pan of them. I was surprised at how BIG they get when they sit out to rise. They turned out great. Then I wanted to bring something to a baby shower. Perfect opportunity for me to try out my sister in law's Pull Apart Rolls recipe! 
Glamour shots of my very 1st pull apart rolls!!!! The rolls turned out so great! Thank you to my sister in law, Morgan for sharing her wonderful recipe with me!! Thanks Morgan!!! She makes them every summer at our family reunions. :) They are so good, I literally STUFF myself FULL of these ROLLS. Yesterday, I took this plate to the baby shower. (just made one plate. 2 pictures because I thought they were deserving of it. :)) The ladies at the shower ate half of the rolls. I brought the other half home and guess who ate the rest??? Well, Curt had a couple and I ate way too many!!! That's why I can't bake TOO often. I always over indulge!!!! Last night, I was so bloated from eating too many rolls. :( I told Curt that my stomach was so bloated from all the rolls, that I felt like the rolls were expanding in my stomach! I kept picturing how the BIG rolls looked on the counter when they were rising.... that's how BIG my stomach felt. I should NOT make these rolls next time I'm pregnant! I'd eat the WHOLE plate! They are just too too good! Mmmm... Pull Apart Rhodes Rolls...
I made this burpie/lap pad and lovey blanket (tied in the bow above and in the pic below) for Meyssi's baby girl. I'm soooooo glad she loved it. 

1 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

I LOVE these rolls! We make them on Christmas Eve for a yummy Christmas morning treat (we let them rise overnight.) They're so good so they've got to be SO bad for you so that's why we only have them once a year! Although after looking at your post I really want to go make it right now! Yum! (I'm thinking I'm the Ashley in your post, maybe? If I am I'm glad I could introduce you to the wonder that is Rhodes Rolls. I didn't discover them until like a year ago!)