Sunday, August 10, 2008

Surprise Visit!!!!!!

Last night we got to spend some time with our brother and sister in law, Adam & Brandi!!!!!! They were flying stand-by to Arkansas and flying through Denver. We knew they were traveling Saturday and were wondering if they were going to have a layover in Denver. We got a call from them last night and they told us they weren't going to be able to make a flight out of Denver until Sunday morning. We were so happy, because that meant we could pick them up and spend some time with them before they had to fly out! :) From what they told us, it seems pretty stressful to fly stand-by to Arkansas. I hope they make it there today! I'm glad we were able to spend some time with them last night! We rarely get to see our family here in Denver, so whenever anyone is able to visit us we are so happy to be with them! We had such a fun time visiting with A&B last night! Cache loved getting to play with his Aunt & Uncle!!!! Brandi and I chatted about quilting and she got to see all my quilts. She was very excited to see my "blog book". She loved it so much, she apparently wanted it to be in the pictures with her. :) I'm glad I had some food on hand for their surprise visit. I don't want my visitors to starve when they are here. Curt grilled some hamburgers(he's truly a grill master!), i made some frozen berry smoothies, and baked some homemade banana bread for A&B to take with them through DIA and the Houston Hobby airport. I just happened to have my brother and sister in law's favorite treats on hand too. Brandi's favorite Grasshopper cookies and Adam's favorite plain vanilla ice cream. I'm glad I had good food for them! It was such a fun surprise visit. I hope they come back and visit real soon!!!! We love you guys so much!!!!  

2 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

That is so fun! Glad they were able to meet up with you. Looks like you guys had a bunch of late night fun!

mad white woman said...

Fun times with family! I like Cache in his little hat. And that Parade of Homes would have been so fun! I love looking at nice houses, but I have to keep it to a minimum to avoid coveting. :)