Saturday, August 09, 2008

Cache, you are 18 months old today!!!!

I used these fabrics to make a quilt for Cache yesterday. I just LOVE Heather Ross' beautiful line Lightning Bugs and Other Mysteries. Seems as though I have just discovered it right when the line/prints have been discontinued. :( I'm glad I have found some of the prints on Etsy. I just love Etsy and I've been so amazed at how wonderful all the sellers are on there. My mother in law gave me some birthday money (Thank you again, Trina!) and I bought fabric, fabric, fabric on Etsy!!!!  I really love Heather Ross' fabric!!!! Her prints are the cutest and the fabric is SUPER soft!!!! I was SO happy when these fabrics came in the mail so I could sew Cache's quilt! Cache's 18 month old Birthday present!!!! Cache loves his new quilt!!!! I love it too! It turned out really cute! I forgot to clip one of the edges, so I washed and dried it twice! It came out beautiful!!!! SO SOFT!!!! I think I'm going to start quilting more with the cotton fabrics, because I can wash and dry them in my own washer and dryer!!!! NO lint, fuzzing, or pilling whatsoever! I didn't have to take this one to the dry cleaners and that saved me some money! I'm really happy with how this quilt turned out. 
Cache is 18 months old today!!!! Cache, you are a wonderful boy! You have such a calm, pleasant spirit with lots of personality! You are so loving and giving. We are so grateful you are in our family. It just wouldn't be complete without you! Thank you for being such a good boy!
I did the zig zag stitch around the edges of the quilt! It adds SO MUCH to the quilt! LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Good job on the quilt Jen. It looks great. What is the other kind of fabric you've been using? Is Davids made of cotton? Can I wash his in the washer and drier? He loves his quilt. Thank you so much!

Kami Milliron said...

This is officially the quilt I want to make this year !

Ashley Harris said...

So adorable! I'm so impressed by your quilting skills, they just keep getting cuter and cuter! And Cache looks like he LOVES his quilt!

Jennie said...

Okay, this is by far my favorite that you've made!! I love how you used such great coordinating yet different fabrics to make a very trendy boy quilt! I wish I had a boy that I could make one for too!

I agree, sewing a rag quilt with cotton is a SO much less lint that the flannel.

WAY TO GO!!