Yesterday, my awesome friend Christina treated me to ice cream at Baskin Robbins for my birthday! She's so thoughtful and sweet. I'm so thankful to have her as my friend. Her friendship has blessed my life here in Colorado. She's so much fun and I love it that we never run out of things to yak about! Thanks Christina for the visit and the ice cream! It meant so much! :)
Last night, we went to our Bishop's Annual Park BBQ! It was so much FUN! Our Bishop is actually getting released this next Sunday. I thanked him and told him that we have appreciated him serving as Bishop. I love our ward. I love how it really feels like a Ward Family. The BBQ was also to celebrate Pioneer Day. We had some fun Pioneer games, cheeseburgers, LOTS of watermelon, mac n'cheese, potato salad, and chips! I had fresh strawberry pie for dessert! It had a sweet glaze and very ripe red strawberries! I spent the whole night gabbing away with ladies in the ward and one of my favorites, Jeanine. Jeanine is so fun to talk to and I'm so grateful for her too! I've been blessed with great friends here in Colorado. I'm always so thankful the Lord has always, always provided me with the most amazing friends in all the different places I have lived. Curt is such a great dad!!!! Curt spent the whole night playing with Cache and the other kids! He was busy all night keeping his eyes on the kids and it wore him out! I was too busy gabbing away to take any pictures. :) Cache had fun playing on the train and steering the wheel for the little girls. :) He is just too sweet. Curt said Cache gave out a few hugs too. My boy's a lover! Curt took Cache over to the pond and they had fun feeding all the geese! I had made brownies and I was so happy when I picked up my container to take home and there was only one brownie left. :) I know I'm not the best cook/baker, so when I do cook and bake I'm always so happy when people actually eat and enjoy what I've made! It was a great night with our ward. I wish our ward had BBQ's every month! ;)
When Cache woke up from his nap today he was singing Happy Birthday to me!
Then after I got Cache out of his crib, he decided to do a little Happy Birthday dance for me too!
Then Cache finished off his song & dance with another rendition of Happy Birthday!
Then Curt came home and surprised me with a birthday bouquet of roses and a sweet card.

This is my 2nd birthday with my sweet little son. I started a tradition last year, where Cache and I take a picture together on my birthday. It will be sweet to have a picture of just Cache and I on all my birthdays throughout the years. Last year, Cache was just a tiny 5 months old on my birthday... this year he is 17 months old and he is getting to be such a big boy!!!! I'm SO grateful to have Cache as my son. He's such a loving person and I'm so thankful he is in our family. I tell Cache all the time how thankful I am he's in our family.
I was teaching Cache how to smell roses. It was so sweet. Cache would make the sniffling sounds and it was so cute!
Curt took a cute family picture of us. :)
We went to Outback for my birthday dinner! After we sat down I noticed my old friend, Andy walk by!!!! Andy and I worked at the Outback together in Idaho Falls back in the day. I worked at the Outback as a server the one whole whopping year I lived in Idaho. :) That was 5 years ago!!!! Man, how time flies!!! I can remember my first day at the Outback and Andy was my trainer. Curt and I saw Andy a few years back in 2005 when we had first moved here to Colorado. Andy was moving back to Idaho Falls then. He said he moved back here to Colorado to finish up college about 1 1/2 months ago. It was so great to run into an old friend today! When Andy first looked at Cache, he commented that Cache looks like me and has my eyes!!! I was so happy to hear somebody say that for ONCE! :) <-(big proud smile!) I'm so cheesy... of course I had to get a picture. :) I told Andy, "Happy Birthday" too, because his birthday was just a few days ago and of course I remembered. I remember everyone's birthday. I said, "Andy I have to get a picture of us. It's for my blog." :) Andy smiled and laughed that I remembered his birthday and that I'm still my crazy, silly, OLD self. :) Yep, OLD.
I asked our server(next time I know to ask for Andy) to take our picture. I told our server it was my birthday and I wanted him to guess how old I was. :) He said that he wasn't really good at guessing people's age and then he said I looked 21!!!!!! HA HA, he's great at guessing age!!!! :)
Curt and I got the new special at Outback. It was all our favorites. It was the BBQ mixed grill. It came with BBQ chicken basted in BBQ sauce, pork ribs, 2 gold coast coconut shrimp, fresh steamed green beans and mashed potatoes/aussie fries!!!! It was so YUM and filling! It was a perfect birthday dinner! Thanks so much Curty for treating me to such a nice meal! I love you! We also got a free Chocolate Thunder dessert for my birthday! I even got to make a wish and blow out a candle! It was perfect! I'm so grateful to be celebrating another birthday! I have so much to be grateful for and I'm so thankful for my two loving boys! They are my world! I love them SO much!!!!
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Jen! Am I crazy or did you get to celebrate your birthday a night early? Glad that Cache sang you a happy song. So sweet. Mmmmm, I love Outback (when my steak is cooked right, at least :)). Have a great day!!
Happy Birthday! I'm so glad that you had a fun and wonderful day. Going out to eat is one of my favorite things to do, and I wish we could do it more often!
Cache is so cute!
What a great hubby!
Happy HAPPY Birthday Jen!! Sounds like you had a fantastic day - I love Outback! Your son is so stinkin cute - what a sweet tradition of taking a picture with him, one day you'll be able to line them all up and see just how fast time flies!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN...you deserve a good one, you "gone crazy seamstress, cool mom, and great friend" of a person!
Happy Birthday Jen ! You seriously inspire me in SO many ways, I hope I can be like you someday : )
Hey girl! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Looks like it was just awesome! Yummy food, cute kid, sweet hubby, what more could you ask for!!
Happy Birthday, Jen! Sounds like a fun day. I think that is so cute that Cache sang Happy Birthday to you. He is a cute boy!
I'm so happy you had such a Happy Day! Have fun on your vacation with your family. That little lovey blanket that Cache is holding looks sooo cute. I hope someday SOMEONE makes one just like it for my baby...if he is a boy of course. I find out in a little over 3 weeks!
Sweet Thoughts Left