Lucky Mama after all that drama! We decided to go out to lunch today around 2 in Aspen Grove. It's so close. Then since there was an hour left in the Paris Street Market we decided to stroll through it once more, since it wouldn't be back for another month. Well we found a bookcase. We must have overlooked it the first time we were there. Well there was so much more stuff when we were there at 8 in the morning, it was hard to see everything. I'm really glad we found this bookcase. The man we bought it from restored it with materials over 4 generations old. He said he used bi-folding closets doors, wood from old waterbeds, aluminum ceiling tiles from an old victorian mansion (the side decor), and brand new glass on the front door. Curt likes the bookcase because it's solid and sturdy, rather than being an old and brittle antique. He likes the vintage look too. He said he REALLY likes it because it doesn't stink like antiques do. I thought that was funny, because some antiques really do stink. :) I really like it because it's one of a kind. It's similar to what I had in mind. What I had pictured I wanted. I was just thinking the finish would be black though. Even though it's not black, I really like the finish on the bookcase. It's like a cream/off-white color. It's what I was looking for. Something unique to hold our books and to store Cache's children's books in. It's a bonus that it has a glass door. I think that having a bookcase with a glass door that a toddler can not reach to open is a bonus. :) Cache won't be able to throw the books everywhere. Well at least I know he can't, until he can reach the handle to open it. I like furniture like this. One of a kind pieces that are hand crafted. I hope to have a house full someday of items such as this one. We got a good deal on it, considering something this unique would sell for at least $600 to $1000 at an antique shop. (we paid nothing near that!!!) I would like to leave this bookcase to Cache. It can really become an antique within our family. Cache can tell his kids that his parents bought it at a street market when he was only 1 year old. Making memories. Aghhh, that's just what life's about. Here's some shots of our new cutie. This is my Mother's day present. Thanks so much Curty!!! Love you!!!
Saturday, May 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that is so pretty. i love it. you are mad-blogger woman today! :)
L O V E I T !
I like the bookcase. Good choice. I love that you like to read to Cache. That is my favorite thing to do with my son, Porter. You should look at Ross and TJ Max if they have them there. They always have brand new books for like half the price of a regular store. Porter has quite the book collection. I love the children's author, Sandra Boynton. She writes really cute little board books. Good times.
I am way jealous that you have places to shop like that! I don't know of any here. I found 2 really really cute bed side tables that look different...but they are from a big store so they really aren't "different" ahhh, oh well, I tried. Your book case is so cute! I love it! We are back from our Park City vacation and have moved up our move date from Saturday to tomorrow! I can't wait to get my new couches, etc and to start to decorate a cute house!:)
Sweet Thoughts Left