Thursday, March 13, 2008

1 year check-up


Look at those cute little baby legs. Cache had to get a shot in each leg yesterday. I had to leave the room. I was so nervous, I can't stand shots myself and I just couldn't watch little Cache get his shots. Cache is a tough little boy, but I didn't want to watch him in pain. Curt is such a great father, he stood in with Cache while I waited outside the door. Cache is a healthy boy, but he's got swivel hips and noodle legs still! Cache's pediatrician Dr. DiMaria informed us and showed us that Cache's ligaments in his knees and hips are loose. It's not abnormal, he'll just be a late walker. I'm thinking 16 months, maybe 18 months. (What I've thought all along.) He's not cruising or walking yet because his ligaments are too soft and loose to support himself. Cache knows he's not sturdy enough to stand on his own, so he plays it safe to sit and crawl really fast everywhere. We are helping Cache stand more often and practice walking with him more frequently now, so his little ligaments can get stronger. In time Cache's little legs will get stronger. It was funny seeing how far the Dr. could rotate Cache's leg while holding his knee in place. The doctor said most kids his age couldn't do that. Cache is just special. :) Curt reminded me last night, that when Cache was a newborn, he didn't have very strong legs. I realized this too when I saw other little newborns and their parents could lift them up by the arms and the babies could stand up. I think Cache couldn't do that until months after he was born. Anyways, It will be exciting for little Cache when he can cruise around the furniture and take those precious first steps! Cache gets really smiley and proud when we help him walk around the house!
Before we went to the doctor, I told Curt what I thought Cache weighed and how tall I thought he was. I was right on. :) I guessed 21 lbs. and 31 inches tall.
Cache weighed in at 21 lbs. 3 1/2 oz. and 30 1/2 inches tall. Cache is 13 months old now and we took him to his 12 month appt. 3 weeks late. Poor little Cache will have to go back to the doctor in 2 months for his 15 month shots, for measles, mumps, rubella, and chicken pox. Then another series of shots at 18 months and then 2 years. Hopefully I can be a stronger parent next time, and not have to leave the room when Cache gets his shots!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

You make me laugh about your bedding because it reminded me of our roomie days. You are definitely a fan of soft bedding! I love the shabby chic line at Target too..someday I'll convince Trev to let me do something that girly :)

That crazy about Cache's legs! He's so cute!

Emily Widdison said...

what a cute baby! Hey, the reason why I put on the "stalker" list as you put it is because I want to know who is visiting so I remember to visit their blogs...it really help me go to their blogs and comment when I see who is interested in my blog...makes me interested in their blog! So, if you don't visit, I won't visit yours anymore!:):)

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.