Well I am known to be quite humorous and just as honest. Today, I got a good dose of both humor and honesty. Laughing at myself while realizing the honest truth. :) I am always grateful for my silly sense of humor and for the ability to laugh at myself on all occasions...pretty much all. :) My sense of humor has kept me grounded throughout my life, esp. during my trials. I'm grateful too, that life lets us laugh at ourselves too when we are learning. I always laugh at myself, because I always have a lot to learn. In my self-realization moments, that's when I find myself laughing. Everyone knows what I'm talking about right? When people make an example or a scenario in life, and what people say or how they act. Then we think inside our heads...oh that's me they are talking about. You get the jest. Right, so today in Sunday School, the Sunday school's teacher had her daughter visiting. She made some comments during Sunday school, where I laughed at myself, (Curt did too, because he loves me and knows me so well:), because she related the scriptures and mentioned a life scenario that pertained to my sweet life. :) Side note, I think I have created some misery I have experienced during my life, due to my characteristic of easily getting bent out of shape more than I need to be about something particular in my life, and even more so something tedious or small, yet I make it huge. I have recently over the past month or so, been feeling bent out of shape over something. Maybe not that big a deal, but like I said, I agonized over it and I created my own misery mostly because of it. The comment the young woman made today in church was one of those great statements, that is small but seemed so huge to me, because it was what I needed to hear. You know, a good whack over the head with the humble stick. :) (I've needed some good whacks in life from that stick, probably why I get them so much.) So what I am rambling on about here I will explain. Curt learned a lot too. Actually, he helped re-explain it to me when I asked, because I truly wanted to comprehend it and change and not just hear, "oh that's nice." in passing about the comment and not truly learn from where I need to.
I have gone through too many experiences with certain people, high hopes and great expectations. Only in the end, creating misery for myself, because I did not think things/relationships have been up to my ideals. Leaving myself frustrated and wishful. In Sunday School today, this is what I got a reminded of...
Often within our social circles in life, (friends/family/co-workers/etc.), we feel like we give so much to others and put more effort into those relationships then we get back in return. We feel that others don't "give" to us as much as we think they should, or equal to what we give and they don't put in the effort we think they should. We decided we will just let those relationships dwindle, free-fall, or just sever them completely. Instead of severing those relationships because we don't think they are as giving to us as we think they should be, we can become more Christlike. We should have a happy heart and accept graciously what those people do give us and what they do contribute, even if it's not our ideal. We should/can welcome with gratitude the effort, love and blessings others grant us. Regardless, of whether we feel they should give more in comparison to what we put in. Then as we show thanks for their efforts, they may increase. However, if it doesn't increase on their part, it doesn't mean that we should sever the relationship. Christ does not sever His relationship with us, when we are not so giving on our part. Heavenly Father puts perfect love/effort into His relationship with us, yet we could always do more to build our relationship with Him. He doesn't complain...He is happy when we communicate with Him, although we could always do more. This is what I learned in Sunday School today. Just the ray of sunlight I needed. :) Simple, but needed. I'm grateful that's the purpose of the gospel...to keep learning the same things over and over again. I'm grateful that our own personal relationships with others allows for us to learn to become more like Him and to become more compassionate towards others through our learning experiences. The reminder of and putting into perspective that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father truly ARE the perfect examples for everything in life, and of every relationship we will ever have. I am grateful for Their perfect examples and for Their perfect love. It makes up for what I lack and what I at sometimes think others lack. In Them, we truly can become perfected. The more we focus on sharing His perfect love with others, it doesn't matter what we think we are getting in return because the increase in love is all that matters.
1 comments:
Amen. Well said. I'm glad that you came to that conclusion (you really have had a lot of people disappoint you, an unfair amount if you ask me and I know once upon a time I fell into that category) and even more grateful that in spite of a few years of little communication between you and I that we are still friends! Love ya Jen!
Sweet Thoughts Left