Monday, August 28, 2006

17 weeks!

Hello to all my blogger fans out there! :)
Curt and I went to the doctor today for a baby check-up. They have a couple different doctors there that I see. They have you rotate among your visits so that way when it comes time to deliver, you will know the doctor that's on call to deliver the baby. I've been seeing Dr. Campbell the last couple visits and she is just 2 weeks behind me in her pregnancy. She's great! I asked where the baby was at in my tummy and she started pushing on it and its just right below my belly button and says it goes down into my pelvic region. My belly seems as though it's gotten bigger since last week! It's so fun to have a little prego belly!
Anyways, She was like well let's go look at the baby! She was so nice and did an ultrasound for us! She was so excited herself to see the baby! They got a new ultrasound machine she said and this was my first ultrasound where they did it through my tummy. I had a hard time making out what was what. But she said she could see everything and the baby looks "thriving"!
She zoomed in on the heart and we got to see the heartbeat. It's so amazing! I just love seeing the baby move around through the ultrasound. I saw the baby's arms move up to it's head!
She said the baby looked like it was in a little yoga position.
So CUTE!
The bones are still rubbery at this point. I have my detailed ultrasound scheduled for Sept. 21st! I will be exactly 20 weeks on Sept. 20th. They said the ultrasound will usually last around 30-45 minutes! That will be exciting to see the baby move around for that long! :) Also, she said the baby will be much bigger then and more developed. So hopefully if the baby's not doing yoga;) and cooperates we will find out if we are having a son or a daughter! It was so fun seeing the baby on the ultrasound today. I was so excited to share all this!
XOXO, Jen

2 comments:

Jennie said...

How exciting JB! I cried the first time I heard and saw the heartbeat with our first child during the ultrasound. It is just something so special to witness! I'm so happy that everything is going good for you! Any crazy cravings? Oh, and I bet it's a boy! Love ya!

Leah said...

Can't wait to find out what you are having.....watching the heartbeat is so wonderful....Heavenly Father is Amazing! You take care of yourself and your little one.