Friday, February 04, 2022

Cache 15

Cache’s 15th birthday is coming up and I’ve been thinking about what a joyful person he is and the joy he brings to my life. 

I want to spotlight him and tell the world how wonderful our Cache is. He is such a special person in our family.


Recently, Cache has wanted to go to the temple to do some baptisms, so all on his own he researched some family names and printed them off. Then he took them to the temple to do baptisms. One of the names Cache chose to take was my great-grandpa, Israel Austin Barrett. I’m seeing how my son is uniting generations. I never had the opportunities in this life to meet any of my grandparents. It’s always been a life of lost relationships for me. I still have hope I will meet all my grandparents one day in Heaven. I have hope I will because the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes all things possible and restores all that is lost. So here is my son, Cache, who is inspired to go to the temple and acts in faith, simultaneously blessing my life with healing blessings. It really is touching that Cache has the desire to serve others in such a capacity that not only blesses my life but generations of our family. 


My sweet little baby Cache always had a quiet and peaceful temperament and pleasant nature. He truly never cried as a baby and was such a joy to care for. My little moose is now a big moose. It’s been so fun to watch him grow from an energetic kid, into such a jovial and focused teenager. He’s always been inquisitive and seeks out knowledge on his own. He is very creative and enjoys creating art and learning world history both inside of and outside of school. Most recently he enjoys reading about European and British history. He has always loved school and learning, and doing his best. He is an excellent big brother, responsible and reliable, trustworthy and honest, kindhearted and thoughtful.... except when it comes to the Xbox. 

Since we moved into our quaint, little home, Cache has loved sitting on our leather sectional in our basement. Where he loves to sit and play the Xbox. This is where he primarily sat from March 2020 through April 2021 when there was no in-person school for him because of WA state lockdowns and covid school protocols. He spent his entire year being 13 years old at home with no friends, isolated stuck at home 24/7 because the school district did not allow kids to go to in person school. He did not have much physical activity during that year of his life, except for the daily walks I made him go on. I’m thankful he survived that difficult year and despite it being unbelievable and unbearable, HE IS THRIVING. He only had the opportunity to go to a new to him middle school in person for two months from April 2021- June 2021. Just long enough for people to meet him and for him to make some friends. He enjoys hanging out with his friends and being apart of his new high school community. He helped record the football games last Fall for the high school football team. He puts himself out there and tries new things all on his own. He recently started weightlifting at school. I’m proud of him for always having a growth mindset and seeing what he’s really capable of. Cache is not athletic so I’m so happy he finally has physical activity after two long years! Cache is becoming a wonderful young man but he’s also a normal ordinary kid. Of course sometimes, he doesn’t tolerate my opinions differing from his or me asking simple questions. He shakes his head in disgust and twists his body around while proclaiming to me, “I don’t want to hear that.” He loves learning about church history, The Creation and The Universe. He loves to have plans and make plans in general. He has wanted a job forever and already submitted an application and got an interview because he’s so excited to turn 15 and earn money. He’s a special person and I’m so thankful Cache is my son. 







0 comments: