Well my littlest man is 4 months old, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at him. He weighed in at 16 lbs. 12 oz. and measured 26 1/2 inches long at his 4 month well check-up. That means his birthweight of 8 lbs. 6 oz. doubled exactly in four short months! I found a medical paper of mine my midwife gave me when I was pregnant with Sawyer. It said my due date was May 23rd. Sawyer was born on May 16th. Which means he was a HUGE baby for 39 weeks. Really though, my babies just keep getting bigger!! There was a lot of confusion between my midwife and I about my due date prior to me having him. I measured 41 weeks I think the week before I had him! She had lost some of my information and got me confused with another patient. Actually she thought I was another patient, and talked to me about their information and chart in front of her thinking I was someone else. She was quite embarrassed when I called her out on it and left the room, then came back and apologized. I went home frustrated and mad. I should of had my baby that day! she had told me she was going to call the hospital so I could be induced that day because she said i was overdue. Then after she realized she had another patient's information and not mine, she did the takeaway! It was awful. Thank goodness I had Sawyer when I did I was miserable. The reward was so great. Sawyer was our easiest newborn and Curt was incredible always helping me with night feedings. He is cooing and talking lots. He's so happy. He loves to play with his older brothers, well he loves when his older brothers play with him.
Sawyer is so solid. 17 pounds at 4 months. Wow! He's wearing 9 month onesies and 6-12 month one piece outfits are too small, because he's so long. Curt said he's prepping to be a tight-end. He's a pretty great baby. He's very cute for starters and he will most likely smile at you if you just look at him. He sleeps through the night like a champ, but is still struggling to get comfortable with consistent afternoon naps. He takes a nap in his swing in the morning for a couple hours every morning. All of my boys have done that up until 5 or 6 months old I think. My pediatrician is so great. I told him Sawyer just cries when I put him in his crib for his afternoon nap, and he reminded me I shouldn't feel guilty because he's crying to get me to come get him out. Which is so true, because Sawyer immediately stops crying whenever I go in and he sees me. He starts smiling! He's such a mama's boy like Casen. My sweet Sawyer will have to learn to nap in his crib. He is so sweet, but he cries every afternoon because he's tired and won't nap. He'll learn to self soothe eventually. I love him so much!
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Sawyer 4 months
Posted by JLynn at Thursday, September 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
He's such a cute kid. He must have dense fat because he does not look that big in those pictures. :)
cute kid- looks just like your others:) glad he's a good baby for you
we love our iMac!! congrats to you!
crazy Cache lost his first tooth-how fun:)
Sweet Thoughts Left