Saturday, July 21, 2012

Insta update

Sawyer is 9 weeks old. He's been an easy baby just like our other boys. Curt and I sometimes wonder if people think we are just blowing smoke, but it's reality that all three of our boys have been angel babies. Sawyer doesn't ever cry or fuss much at all. He's eating at 10:30-11pm and wakes up at just before 7am. Cache and Casen started sleeping through the night at 2 months as well. Babies can hold their own through the night once they weigh about 12lbs. We took Sawyer in for his 2 month shots this past week and he had his weigh in. 13 lbs. 6 oz. 24 1/2 in. He's gained 5 lbs. since birth and has grown about 3 inches. He had to have been at least 21 1/2 in. At birth. (esp. Since he measured about 22 in. At his 2 week appt.) Our dr. Said he's 1 1/2 months ahead by his measurements. I looked back at Casen's two months well-check blog post and he had gained 5 lbs. as well at 2 months. Casen and Sawyer have the same build. Sawyer eats 4-6 oz. each feeding and his burps are so loud sometimes they are startling! He loves bath time and always looks so cute in his tub. I love how Sawyer smiles when he hears my voice. He's a happy baby. He loves to be held and he also likes his swings. I know Sawyer also likes my scent and is comforted being close to me. Sawyer is cooing more and making sweet oohs and ahhhs. He's calm and mellow. In the picture collage of Sawyer he looks like he's doing a baby jive dancing around on the floor. He's so fun.

Cache played summer soccer and had so much fun. Most of the time he was just running around and we would remind him to kick the ball. During the games, He would hold up his fingers to show us how many times he kicked the ball. He definitely had a lot of fun and we loved seeing how happy it made him.

When Casen throws fits sometimes or when he doesn't want to say I'm sorry, he says, "My mouth is broken. I can't talk." He also doesn't like us to look at him. He shouts "Don't say anything! Stop looking at me!" He was saying those things and acting ornery when i was trying to take his picture with the Mickey ears. I then said "mommy wears diapers!" and he started cracking up. Made for some cute pictures. Totally Casen! I love his personality.

For awhile Cache was pestering us non-stop about the toys he wants for Christmas. It's what happens when his friends have cool toys and we look at the toy aisles at Target too frequently. It was too many "remember I want..." day after day so we told him he had to stop talking about it because it was driving us nuts. He really wanted to make sure we would get him what he wants, so I suggested I help him make a Christmas list. I just told him what letters to write and he wrote them down to spell out the toys he wants. He loves to write his letters in his workbooks and this was a fun activity for him to practice his letter writing and to sound out words. Curt keeps reminding Cache that he won't get everything he wants, but he will get some things. It's a fact of life, we don't always get everything we want. We teach 'em young!

1 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I love, love, love, loooove these pictures of your boys. Absolutely precious ! What cute little guys you have. Casen's curly hair is to die for. I bet you cry a little every time he's due for a hair cut ; ) I know I would. And Cache is getting so big. It's funny how Cache's hair is getting darker. That's what Douglas' hair is doing too. What is with SUPER blonde boys hair turning dark ??! And that new little man is soooo cute ! You're a lucky Mama : )