Monday, July 16, 2012

3

I'm easily remembering 3 all over again. I think I forgot to mention Casen turned 3 on May 30th. Casen and Sawyer's birthdays are exactly two weeks apart. (No more May babies. Although, I really like having them in May. Again, no more May babies.) It's never been monster babies or the terrible twos at our house. Fun little angels until 3. Then the mischief, attitude, little boys yelling "NO" all the time, arguing with us... ("Look at the horses!" Casen: "NO! That's not a horse!"), the whining, selective hearing (that'll stay around through their teenage years), the boo-boos, bumps, and bruises happen a lot more often, tantrums and meltdowns. Oh yes, I remember. Also, Cache never did this, but Casen likes to scream and yell. I'm working on breaking him of the screaming and yelling when he gets mad or hurt. I am learning what boys are all about everyday. Boys are loud. I like quiet. I'm getting used to the loud everyday. I love the loud though. It's all I know and oh how I would miss it so. I know one day I will. I laugh and appreciate the loud, because what a blessing it is to hear and have the loud in my life from 3 little boys. I love 3. It's a fun age. (fun number of boys to have too.) The other night Casen wanted me to lay with him on his bed. I did and I loved how he touched my face softly with his sweet little 3 year old chubby little boy hands. It was a sweet moment. Those moments are worth all the loud moments! I love my Casen so much. I love his big blue eyes and his blonde curly mop. I love his attitude. I love his fearlessness and independence. My little boy, I love you so much. Especially when I tell you how cute you are and you shout back, "I'm not cute! Don't look at me! Stop that. Stop saying that." You are cute and you know just how much I love you. So much.

When eating pancakes with a fork doesn't work out, just use a spoon. Thanks for teaching me, Casen.

0 comments: