I've taken my boys to See's candy twice this month. The first time, the boys were being themselves while I hand-picked Curt's favorite truffles. The boys were being themselves translates to them being loud, bothering each other, talking back, whining and complaining. Well, I was getting the truffles for Curt for Christmas, but Curt loves them so much he couldn't resist them. He finished off the 1/2 lb. box of truffles two weeks before Christmas. Back to See's I went today to get him some more truffles. Again, my boys were being a little rowdy and disobedient. Casen didn't take his nap, so that explained his restless and grumpy demeanor. He was even having a hard time when the nice See's lady offered him another chocolate gold coin. Here I was again, waiting in line to hand-pick Curt's truffles while the boys were being silly and rambunctious. I couldn't tell if my boys were or were not bothering the people around us. I thanked the See's lady helping me for being patient with me and my children, because I'd pick a chocolate and then have to tell one or both of my boys to please listen and please behave, then pick another chocolate. It was a lot of work to take both my boys to the See's candy store by myself. It is worth it though. Not only for the good chocolates, but making memories at See's candies is a family tradition. My parents always bought See's chocolate candies every year at Christmas time. It's what I grew up with, and since it's one of my few happy memories I guess See's chocolates and the memories to go with them are dear to my heart. I remember one Christmas when I was 7 years old I was in the See's candy store waiting in line and I ended up losing a lose tooth while I was in the store. I can remember being little eating and savoring the See's California brittle at Christmastime. I also remember being a young teenager waiting in line at See's candy just a few days before Christmas. I'm grateful I get to make new memories with my boys at See's candy during Christmastime. They will grow up having See's candies at Christmas and will remember being little waiting in line with their mom to pick out chocolates. I'm grateful I have the opportunity and responsibility to teach my boys the true meaning of Christmas, but I'm also grateful today that they are just little boys being little boys at the candy store. This is the only Christmas I will have them little at 4 1/2 years old and 2 1/2 years old and I'm trying to savor every little special moment with them while they are little. Regardless of my boys imperfect behavior, I'm treasuring the memories we made at See's candy this morning. I am grateful I get to make special memories with my boys at Christmastime that are dear to my heart.
Friday, December 16, 2011
See's~ A family tradition
Posted by JLynn at Friday, December 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hope you guys have a wonderful, Merry Christmas! I'm so grateful to have a friend like you...even though we never get to see each other. My memories of our time together will never be forgotten. Yeah Dawg. Friends for life. THIS EYE.
I'm glad you are so grateful for those moments because I am NEVER thankful to be able to take my kids to the store! Seriously! Wow, what a mom you are!
I grew up with Sees too and can't believe that Kyle doesn't think they are much different than the cheap chocolate. I love my Sees!
This post was really sweet, Jen. It makes me smile to know that you have a happy memory from your childhood and that you want to continue that tradition.
Sweet Thoughts Left