Thursday, July 28, 2011

Christmas in July 2011

Well, just call me Mrs. Claus. I got this toy on or a couple days before Christmas Eve for 50% off.


I planned to save it for THIS Christmas, because I already had all Cache's gifts at the time I bought it. I have enough toys for Cache for this Christmas, including a Trio Batman Batwing I got at Kohl's for less than $4 before we moved last year.

I don't coupon much anymore because it pretty much stopped when we moved here. Colorado doubled coupons and had some really awesome deals at King Soopers (Kroger grocery store). Since Smith's does NOT double coupons it's really sad I can no longer get groceries for free. So I guess this toy clearance is probably my biggest event of the year. They also do it in January, but I'm less likely to want to buy toys then since it's right after Christmas. Even though, I spend money in July on Christmas presents. I guess I'll see. It really helps to buy toys on clearance for me so I don't stress over the money spent on toys come December. Plus, I have peace of mind my boys are going to be very happy this Christmas.

I bought all these toys throughout the month of July on clearance. Except I think I bought the trucks in June when the 30% off sale started. I got the rest for 50 and 75% off!


Chuck Truck w/ Storybook $3.74 (reg. price $12.49)
Ironman 4-wheeler $2.98 (reg. price $9.99)
Toy Story 3 Red truck w/Rex $2.98 (reg. price $9.99)
Trio sets $2.68 each x 4 (reg. price $8.99 x4)
Thomas the Train w/Colin motorized Track Set $7.48 (reg. price $24.99)
Vtech Tool Box $5.98 (reg. price $19.99
Baby Cube $5.48 (reg. price $21.99)
Vtech Buzz Lightyear Spelling/Logic/Puzzles $8.64 (reg. price $17.29)
Vtech Buzz Lightyear phone $9.98 (reg. price $19.99)
Red truck w/snowmobile & trailer $9.08 (reg. price $12.99)
Orange truck w/polaris & trailer $9.08 (reg. price $12.99)

price before tax $76.14
reg. total w/out tax $198.66
saved $122.52 + tax!!!!



I reminded Cache today that Santa is watching him year round! ;)
*Cache and Casen have not seen these toys, pictures or post! :)
I'm done Christmas shopping for my boys. Yay!!! This is a first!

2 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

THat is great that you are done for Christmas! I can't do it this early though...I love to shop for Christmas and I am always changing my mind and lists up to the last moment!
Fun trip and family pics!
I made those creamy taquitos and Brazilian limeade and it was sooo yummy!

Monika said...

holy crapppp!!!!!!!