Thursday, March 10, 2011

Still busy and lovin' it!

March 10, 2011


Last week, we went to Bear Lake and Curt went snowmobiling all day. I took a much needed nap because I was sick. The boys got to play all day with their cousins too. The night we got there they had a cute little party for Cache's 4th birthday. His dreams came true as his grandma and grandpa gave him an orange cake with Lightening McQueen on it and a brand new bright orange 16" bike. His Aunt and Uncle spoiled him with a Bumblebee transformer and hot wheels cars. Cache is lucky to have such a loving family. We are all lucky. 








*On Saturday, we went out to breakfast at the Corner Bakery Cafe. I love that place. It is inexpensive and really good food. We ate there for $18. That afternoon, we took the kids and met some friends at the dollar theater and saw Tangled. The boys both did great throughout the whole movie and I love that I got to hold each of them while they watched it. 


*On Sunday, I made banana bread after church and took a loaf to my friend Che. Curt went to San Jose, Ca for a SEO search marketing conference with his manager Dave and co-worker Monday night thru Thursday this week. The boys and I have kept busy having fun all week. 


*We ran errands Monday and dropped off banana bread to my visiting teacher. We stayed and visited a little while then headed home in the unexpected snow storm. 


*We went to the mall with Emily Tuesday night. I got SEVEN pairs of different tights for $2.99 each. I got the boys a bunch of the collectabilitees tees for $1.49! Woot! I stopped at Paradise Bakery to get a bowl of broccoli cheddar soup to go and Cache got a FREE kid's meal, because Tuesday's kids get free kid's meals! It was a day full of great deals. 


*Then, Emily and her kids came over to visit and play Wednesday morning. After Casen woke up from his nap, I took the kids to McDonald's for lunch and we played basketball there together. We came home and did puzzles, played cars. 


*Today we met some friends at the park. It was super breezy but a beautiful 60*. We visited and played in the sand and then we went grocery shopping. I LOVE that park here in Daybreak. I felt like I was on vacation. Cache and his little friends were standing on the end of the dock feeding cheez-its to all the seagulls flying over the lake. I seriously felt like I was on vacation. I'm loving Daybreak and all the new friends we are making. We are always busy and having FUN! I have loved spending all this time with my boys this week. It wasn't extra time with them really since I'm always with them, but the more I serve them and play with them of course naturally my love for them grows and grows. 


*Tomorrow is the kids' craft class and Curt will be home! I haven't cooked all week so I'm excited to make the fam a yummy dinner... Parmesan Chicken with penne pasta marinara sauce and Garlic Bread. Mmmm... Since I'm talking about food I have to say that I recently tried Kneaders and they have yummy soups, sandwiches, carrot cake and a very very delicious lemon raspberry truffle cupcake that is dipped in white chocolate. It is so divine! Kneaders is definitely a new favorite place of mine. Holla! 


**On New Year's Eve, Curt came home with a surprise for me and the boys. A gift basket from Kneaders full of baked treats and cinnamon syrup. Emily tells me they have really good all you can eat breakfast/waffles for $4.99. I think we might be going there for breakfast this Saturday. :) 
(Last January, I turned the black gift box into a craft. I still need to take a picture of it.)

0 comments: