I'm feeling very excited about 2011. Yesterday, (January 1st) I made "It's my year!" my 2011 motto. I want to be fired up and excited about different things in my life. That I will do things better and be better at things that are important to me. Nothing can really be impossible without trying and all things are possible with the help of God.
Throughout the past month, a quote I read by Elder Maxwell has popped into my head on more than one occasion and it really has become impressed upon my heart. I have thought about how one day I will meet with Heavenly Father. We will talk about my mortal existence and I shall have no complaints. This is inevitable. I know this to be true, that I will indeed meet my Creator and I will talk with Him. I will be judged. This is a broad subject. There is so much to think about and ponder. My basic thought has been, "Why should I complain, be prideful, bitter or selfish over my personal trials in this life?". Will I complain to my Father in Heaven about them? No, I will not. So why should I complain about them here and now. How could I ever complain to my Maker about my hardships I have felt in mortality, when HE has given me the very breath of life! His Son suffered, bled, and died for me. He has given me a Savior, so that one day I may be redeemed and able to stand in His presence. How could I ever utter any "but I's" in His presence. I don't think there will be any complaining in His presence. Why should I ever question the trials that have been allotted unto me in His perfectly planned mortal framework of my life. How could I ever complain to my God whose justice and mercy is so perfect! Any complaints I've had are truly about overcoming myself in this life and overcoming the natural man. I've thought about Mosiah 3:19. I think overcoming the natural man is overcoming our natural selves and trying to be Christ like. If we are all promised the blessings of our Father, that All He has and offers can be ours according to our righteousness, faithfulness and our works. I need to strive to become like our perfect example, His beloved Son, Jesus Christ. I believe life is a full eternal circle. I know we are here to be tested and tried. Will we turn to Him? Will we choose to obey Him no matter what trial or affliction may come our way? I know I will if I always keep an eye single to the glory of God and have hope in Christ, then when that perfect day comes I won't have any complaints! What a glorious day that will be. What joy and happiness to never have a complaint! It is exciting to think about such purity that only can come from Christ who truly can help us overcome any trial, obstacle or wounds. I don't complain a lot about my trials in life vocally, but I have turned too often to Heavenly Father with my thoughts pondering, "Oh why hast thou given me this burden?" How grateful I should be that He has given me His perfect Son to look too in all things. I know I have no reason to ever complain or worry. I know I will still complain about things here and there because I am imperfect. I hope that at the final day I will have no complaints about my life. My life is good and my life has been richly blessed by my loving Father in Heaven.
Sunday, January 02, 2011
Posted by JLynn at Sunday, January 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well said Jen! This entry was magnificent. I think about how glorious that day will be too, quite often actually. It sometimes gets me emotional just thinking about it.
Sorry how phone call was cut short due to my cookie dipping. Thanks for calling and checking in on my sweet Adalynn. That was very thoughtful of you. You're the best!
We love you.
YAH! You and me baby, we can do this thing called life!!! YEEEHAW! :)
Sweet Thoughts Left