Over the past week or so, Curt went on an overnight camping trip with the Scouts and on a two-day business trip to Provo to do the BYU Career fair for Dish. I've been keeping busy taking the boys to play and eat at Chick-fil-A and the park. I got my 3rd blog book finished & ordered last week. I'm so happy my 4.5 years of blogging is all 'BOOKED' now. I'm so grateful my kids will have my memories, thoughts, testimony and experiences to read whenever they want. The books are true treasures.
I also made LOTS of cards and tags this past week. I went TAG CRAZY! This month the card group theme is birthday, and next month is Christmas tags in sets of three. (I only need 18 tags for card group, but I went crazy and made close to 70 tags. WHY NOT?! I'm all stocked on Christmas tags now and I haven't even been to card group. : ) I'm gonna be stockpiled with Christmas tags for years to come.) I've had some 5-inch Heather Bailey fabric squares I got free a couple years ago that I've always wanted to use for something. I remember seeing the scrap quilt card tutorial a couple days before I had Casen last year, and so the fabric squares and those scrap quilt cards inspired my birthday cards for this month. I cut the fabric squares in half and sewed the fabric onto the cards, added a stamped 'happy birthday', flower, and voila done. I made 14 cards out of the seven fabric squares so it worked out perfect. While I was shopping getting the birthday stamp, a line of matching Christmas double-sided-matted paper and embellishments caught my eye. It all came together perfectly for my vintage-y Christmas tags. I had way too much FUN making all these goodies!!
Monday, October 04, 2010
Busy craftin'!
Posted by JLynn at Monday, October 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy smokes! I love em'! You did an awesome job on both! Great job Jen!
you are so cute & crafty- soo good at all you do Jen!!
Sweet Thoughts Left