I've been buying and peeling fresh peaches all summer for my boys. On Thursday, i decided it was time to change things up a bit and make them a peach cobbler. It turned out wonderful! My boys all loved it and so did I! I'll be making it Again and Again!
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp almond extract
Mix together.
4-5 med.-large peaches (2 lbs./about 4 cups)
Toss freshly sliced peaches with 2 Tbs sugar & 1/2 tsp almond extract.
Heat oven to 350* & melt 1 stick of butter in oven. Pour batter on top of melted butter and arrange peaches on top. Bake 45 minutes till golden brown. It doesn't get anymore easy or homemade than that. ( my new favorite is cool whip extra creamy. Just a dollop will do ya!) Enjoy!
Saturday, September 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks delish! you are amazing Jen...loved your posts and love you! Cute Cute boys...such a wonderful family you have!
Mmmm...looks good Jen! I've been having fun with fresh peaches too!
Love your cute cherry bowl!
Looks so good! Peaches are the BEST. Delicious.
Looks yummy!
Sweet Thoughts Left