Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Blankets

These are the only blankets I've made this year. I started them in January, and finally finished sewing them last week. Last Saturday, I gave the purple one to a girl in the ward who just had her baby. I snapped a picture of it quickly before I took it over to her. I made the other ones for a friend in Idaho and a friend in my old ward. I was going to hold onto the little green one because it matches the quilt I made totally thinking it was for baby #2. Lucky me, I'm glad I don't know everything. :) So I'll store that one with the quilt I think. Even though, I really don't want anymore babies for another few years. I love having my boys two years apart, and I want a second set of kiddos that close too. That's why I want 3 or 4 years just with my boys. I love just having two kids and enjoying them. This is a good time in my life just to enjoy my boys!


I have NOT bought fabric for over TWO YEARS now and I still have a bunch of all the same prints left. I'm all out of minky though. All of the blankets on my quilt blog have been given away as gifts and I don't have anymore left! I guess sometime I'll have to buy some cute boy fabrics, because I always feel bad I've pretty much only made them for girls. Honestly, the fabric choices are MUCH cuter for girl and it is FUN for me since I have boys. :) I better get better at making some boy ones . . . I could very well have all sons!

1 comments:

Jennie said...

Ambree still LOVES hers. Every nap time she excitedly rubs her face back and forth in her blankie and giggles when I first give it to her.

We keep the other one in the car as her nap blankie there.