Friday, July 16, 2010

Back in His arms

My heart is touched and saddened to hear of the passing of a sweet angel today. I have been following the Sullengers (patrickandashley.blogspot.com) blog all week, since my friend Jenna posted about it on hers. Their little 18 month old girl drowned in a Rigby, Idaho canal and floated down 2 miles before she was rescued by an angel farmer and his brother. He did infant cpr on her right away as his brother called 911. She was life flighted to Salt Lake City and had been fighting all week. She returned home to Heavenly Father today. I feel so saddened for her parents that they will no longer get to see her. Her spirit is no longer tangible in their arms. That loss has to be the most difficult pain to deal with.... day after day. I remind myself (curt reminds me more) the veil is thin. I hope this sweet family will be receiving the tender and intimate blessings that they will need while they grieve over the loss of their angel. It is a miracle all of the lives this little girl has touched. She was definitely a miracle to many as I read the blog, and her life continues to be a miracle and testimony that there is life beyond the veil, and families ARE forever. Please keep a prayer in your heart for the Sullenger family. 


Elder Neal A. Maxwell rightly said: “The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.” 

1 comments:

Jenna Johnson said...

I AM JUST SICK FOR THEM! JEN YOU'VE MET HIM BEFORE, IN COLLEGE! HE WAS WHO I DATED WHEN I LIVED WITH YOU!
YOU'RE SUCH A SWEET PERSON FOR POSTING THIS! I HOPE CURT GETS THAT JOB IN UTAH, THEN MAYBE I'LL GET TO SEE YOU AND YOUR CUTE FAMILY!