Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Joy in Family Life and Life's Opportunities

Little update here. Curt had his 90 minute interview this morning with the church. He did a lds . org & mormon . org site reviews report for them in pdf format and sent it to them. He went over it with them on the phone and answered questions about his google analytics and etc. He showed them what he has done on the dish network website. Curt said he knew it went excellent and they told him he "nailed it".  I'm so proud of my hubs! I have just felt so great about this career opportunity for him. I mean even if it's not the job for him, I'm just so proud that he has come so far in seo that he could tell them what needs to be improved on the church website. It has just felt like a great blessing and opportunity. I told Curt today that I just felt so good and excited about these recent opportunities for him. Curt has two clients that he has been working on their websites and has gotten them continually ranked higher on google and more sales for the companies. His work has only produced greater results for the websites and companies he's been working for. I actually told Curt that I hadn't felt this good about an opportunity since I decided to join the church and get baptized, and when I met him and I knew it was right to marry him. Those two life events never seemed like actual questions or decisions in my mind. I feel the Lord blessed me and guided me towards those two very life changing opportunities in my life. I needed them in order to progress. (I also have to add that deciding to pack up my lil purple neon in Mesa, and drive all the way up to Rexburg was another great opportunity I had prayed for. That move and leap of faith, was just another step I needed to make in life in order to progress. Then of course, just after a year of being there, I met my Curt. :) Recently these opportunities for Curt, have been very exciting feelings for me that remind me that I have felt these kinds of exciting opportunities before. If anything, I feel this has been just that, a huge opportunity for Curt to just progress and keep moving forward in his career. Curt has been seeking these kinds of opportunities long before he got laid off from GS a year ago. We have known for quite some time now that we know we do NOT want to raise our family in Colorado. It doesn't feel right and it's not what we want. I can easily recognize when something does feel right and these recent months of making the changes of where we live (downsizing), and Curt getting so many opportunities with his seo career have really blessed our family. I think the Lord has been preparing Curt for opportunities such as this one, especially getting laid off from his job and getting hired on as a senior web analyst at dish network. His job there has helped him progress and learn so much more. His job at GS helped him prepare for all these opportunities he's had within the past year. I'm so thankful for opportunities, and even the ones that lie ahead in the future. Looking back, the Lord has blessed us both individually and together as a family to keep us progressing, learning, growing and moving forward. I believe there are always opportunities to make our lives better. We just have to seek opportunities out, wait patiently (this one is the toughest and in my mind always seems to take the longest. It's during that time though that we can prepare and the Lord can prepare us for opportunities to come.) and act upon them when they present themselves. I'm thankful for these good feelings, for the Lord's guidance and the direction Curt has received concerning his career within the last year.... I know good things are happening. Thank you all for your prayers and please keep praying for Curt. Thank you SO much.

Also, I know I need to savor these times with my 3 year old and 1 year old. This is the ONLY time in my life that I will have with them at three and one. I had to laugh today when we went to Texas Roadhouse for a free lunch. Cache was holding my hand as we walked in and he said, "Mommy, I just love you soo much." The lady holding the door open heard him, and said that was the sweetest thing she's ever heard. haha. That's when I said he is sweet, but laughed because it was completely opposite of what happened just the other night when I was taking him into the cheesecake factory. :) I sure love my boys.... mostly when they are sweet though....  and tell me they love me out of the blue like that. I'm so lucky to have this opportunity to be their mother. Opportunities again. Without Cache and Casen, I couldn't progress and grow and learn. We went to Texas Roadhouse today for a FREE pulled pork sandwiches, applesauce, fries and rolls. The Salvation Army was providing a free lunch fundraiser and all they asked was for a monetary donation to support the salvation army. Their pulled pork is great and it was so fun to go out to lunch as a family on a Tuesday. It was a good morning for our family. I love that, that we just love being together.

Here are some of my favorite pictures Leah took of our family on Memorial Day in Scottsdale, Az.

5 comments:

Kindy said...

Your pics are so cute Jen! Casen is getting big.
We will be very sad if you move to Utah, but it does sound like a great opportunity for you. I hope that Curt will get the job! (But I part of me hopes he won't so that we don't lose you! CO won't be the same without Jen living close by.)

Beka said...

CUTE pics JEN!!!

lisa said...

I saw these on Leah's blog. I love them! She did such a good job! You have such a beautiful familiy.
Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. It really made me feel good.

The Curry Family said...

Love the pictures! You have a beautiful family! Hope things are still moving along well with the interviews!

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

You have an awesome little family! Love all the pictures of you guys. How fun! I need to find someone to take my family photos. Your husband sounds like a very smart guy. I think he will have lots and lots of success. Good luck with the job. :)